Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't found any definite solution in the interweb so I figured you guys might help me get this car running again ASAP.

Used my wife's 2014 CRV LX to jump by my dead battery this morning with no issues. She drove to work and back home no problem. Now it's completely dead. Turn the key no electrical power, no clicking sound, no lights, nada. Battery maybe not even a year old has a full charge with 12.6 Volts with a multimeter. Main 100 amp fuse on the multi block fuse looks ok without any broken/blown fuse.

This youtube video seemed to sum up my issue and answer to my problem. I don't have all his tools available but it seems to be pointing in the right direction. Is there an ignition switch that I can replace with a 2014 CRV LX

This post also seem to be what the guy in the video replaced to solve the problem or equivalent to replacing the ignition switch on a 2014 CRV.

I'm hoping this part would solve this problem.

What do you guys think? Any repair manual available for a 2014 CRV on the web? Any help/input would be GREATLY appreciated!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just connected battery again turned key same result with nothing but with the key on off the speedometer needle started bouncing/vibrating faintly for few seconds and when it stopped I turned the key to acc position and this time I have lights on dash and thank God was able to roll up the driver window shut but when turned all the way to try to start it shut everything off again and back to nothing again ......:Darn:

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
There is an ignition switch. However, replacing parts at random is a hit-or-miss method and can get expensive. I would either get a mobile mechanic to come and check it out, or have it towed to an alternator or starter shop or reputable auto shop. A good shop will have a machine they hook up to the car that can diagnose the problem in just a couple of minutes. My alternator shop does not charge for the test if you get the repairs done there. Your problem could be the ignition switch, or it could be any number of other things, like the alternator, starter, a battery cable, a wiring harness connection, a starter solenoid, a harness connector, etc. My advice is - don't guess. Get it properly diagnosed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts