Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Has anyone had this problem and traced the problem down and can advise,
I went out in the car yesterday and the battery seemed a little flat and struggled to start the car so when i go home i stuck my multimeter on the the battery and got a reading of 12.7v so it was fine . started the car back up and no problem.
This morning my wife went to go out and nothing central locking ddd not work and putting key in ignition showed no signs of life. so i checked the battery again 12.7v . still no life so i put the slow charger on and with in 30 seconds the alarm went of and the car started normally again as if nothing was wrong. the charger never had to put 0.5amp in to the battery . So i must asume this is and electrical fault not the battery.
The Alternator must be working fine or the battery would not have shown fully charged.

Any help would be usefull

Martin:D

·
Everything in Moderation
7,718 Posts
First, assure that the connections and cables to the battery, body, and engine (starter) are tight, and not corroded.

I have purchased several replacement batteries where the posts needed to be shimmed...even with the splits in the clamps fully tightened, the cable could still be turned. (No good) Shims are available at auto parts stores or you can make your own.

You should load-test the battery. It may have enough voltage, but cannot provide enough current. If it is more than 5 years old, just replace the darn thing...

·
Registered
772 Posts
You should check the voltage @ the battery with the engine running, should be close to 14.2 volts. As caebuff2 stated, checking the battery under a load test will tell you what condition the battery is in, may be time for replacement. JMHO and good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts