Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Power steering, stability and ABS lights come on. They cleared the codes twice, but these come on each time after driving about a block. Any ideas what could be the fault? This didn't occur prior to my service visit, which only entailed an oil change and valve adjustment.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
The actual code(s) themselve(s) may lend a hand as to what is actually going on. A fourth light on?
Sure would seem related to the work done. Something still disconnected or loose now?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer figured it out. 1 tire was actually an incorrect size. The tire was on the back since installed new, and this visit called for a tire rotation which brought the derelict tire to teh front. So now I had 2 different size tires on the front! This caused the havoc above. Mystery solved. I purchased a matching tire (size and brand) and they mounted it for me and all is now good. Kudos to my dealership on this one. They did go above and beyond to fix something that was not their issue.

I now have to deal with the tire shop that did this to see if I can get my money back on the replacement tire and the diagnosis costs.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
The dealer figured it out. 1 tire was actually an incorrect size. The tire was on the back since installed new, and this visit called for a tire rotation which brought the derelict tire to teh front. So now I had 2 different size tires on the front! This caused the havoc above. Mystery solved. I purchased a matching tire (size and brand) and they mounted it for me and all is now good. Kudos to my dealership on this one. They did go above and beyond to fix something that was not their issue.

I now have to deal with the tire shop that did this to see if I can get my money back on the replacement tire and the diagnosis costs.
You didn't tell us they did a tire rotation

·
Registered
10 Posts
It’s easy to miss but the tire size is usually checked when rotating the tires or at least I do that..
Did you leave your car there all day? They did an oil change and a valve adjustment? Engine has to be cold for a valve adjustment is the reason I was asking.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It’s easy to miss but the tire size is usually checked when rotating the tires or at least I do that..
Did you leave your car there all day? They did an oil change and a valve adjustment? Engine has to be cold for a valve adjustment is the reason I was asking.
Yeah it was there all day.
They didn't check the tire size during the rotation. They found it following the second time returning to the dealership.

·
Registered
79 Posts

Wasn't diagnosis subtracted from the tire bill?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had to pay for the diag. I didn't buy the tires at the dealer so not their fault.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Diagnostics should have cost much as it wasnt hard to get that figured out. I not a Honda Dealer tech and was going to tell you check tire size but as I read this, they already found it.

Big thing is first diagnostics, first thing the tech should have done was plug the scanner in and check for codes, they instead did it the second time, there is a code that causes those lights that says "MISMATCH, UNDER OR OVER INFLATED TIRE"

For others that stop by here, more modern hondas dont use TPMS sensors anymore. All done via the wheel speed sensors for the abs/traction control. Because of its sensitivity now, the days of being off even a tire size will throw these lights.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
hmm i guess i need to check that all four of my tires are the same size also because i keep getting this low pressure indicator light that pops up randomly. I just had 4 tires put on like at the beginning of June also.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmm i guess i need to check that all four of my tires are the same size also because i keep getting this low pressure indicator light that pops up randomly. I just had 4 tires put on like at the beginning of June also.
Definitely. A screw up like that by a shop is something you would never expect to happen. In my case, it was the front and a bunch of lights came on. When the tire was in the back, it was fine for almost a year without knowing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts