Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I live in Elizabeth, NJ and my wife wants to trade our '05 Element for a CRV. I am looking for some feedback of dealers in the area.

I bought our Element at VIP honda (North Plainfield), and would not go back there even if they gave me a good deal. I am looking at:

Honda of Essex, Open Road (Edison), Hudson Honda. Any opinions?

Thanks! :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Based on my experience, you can go a little further to Mahwah Honda and get honesty, integrity and old-fashioned service - ask for Steve Chin. They may not give you the absolute lowest price, but the overall experience will leave you feeling like you got a great deal.

On the other hand, Paramus Honda treated me like a piece of meat, was dishonest, deceptive and downright rude.

;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
i got my V at hudson honda im very please with the salesperson but i again i got a quote from them before i go there

def goin back to him in a future if i need another honda :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great dealer

Hi, I bought my new 2007 Tea Green Crv Ex-L/navi from Bobby Rahaul in Mechcanicsburg, PA. What a great experience! Jack Morrisson was a really nice guy. I live in State College and I had already bought a Accord from them and they would only discount the CRV $500. I went to B.R. and I got $2000 off. Plus mud flaps, wheel locks and he threw in a cargo mat. That was a great deal!!!! I would have no problem going back there or telling someone to go there. Check him out!
Scott

·
Registered
112 Posts
Deals

You can do a lot of shopping on line these days. Goggle the honda dealers in your area. Tell them about your trade. Tell them what model CRV and equipment you want. Get responses form at least 6. Then take the copy of the best deal to your local dealer and tell them to match it. Go to the sales manager explaining you want a direct deal. The sales group are all on comission. If they won't let you go to manager for deal then look at the monthly sales listed by saleperson and go to the top volume saleperson. They are selling so many units they don't need to get top commisions. Even with the top salesperson don't take first offer start to get up and leave,that usually gets there attention and the manager runs out and sweetens the deal. The best deals are at the end of the month. Make sure they give you back your keys before you talk any deal. Good Luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great South Jersey Dealer

I would highly recommend Rossi Honda in Vineland New Jersey, courteous, professional and made you feel as family. Tried to deal with Burns Honda marlton, but they would add pinstipes, door edge guards, special protective coating and jack up the price. Had a heated discussion with manager and left. Asked for a price over the internet from Rossi and Burlington, and Rossi had the best discount, over $800 and we settled. They even threw in the wheel locks at no extra cost. Great dealer to work with. Had the Cr-V for 9 month and have 27K with no problems and am getting from 24 to 29 miles per gallon. Truely a terrific auto.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good and bad dealeships

Hi, I'm new to this forum. We purchased our CRV from Kingston Honda in NY. The dealership was quite small and nothing much to look at but the service was great. We did get an ok price of $21535 for an LX AWD.

On the other hand - avoid the Curry Honda dealership.. those guys were very deceptive and try to make you an ass. Some of the sales guys have no ethics and believe that anyone an be ripped off given time. I would have been very unhappy had I made my purchase there. Its not only the price of the car that matters but also the service, and Curry Honda's service was appalling.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got my certified used Honda from Planet Honda on rt22 in Union, NJ. Talk to Yemi - cool and fair sales man. Also mention that Lukas (I'm friends with manager) sent you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I signed CR-V with Open road honda...they seem to have best pricing for internet sales...compared to Hudson, DCH, and DC Honda...they treat you the pretty much the same way....still waiting on my car tho...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dealer in MA

I had a great experience with Commonwealth Honda in Lawrence, MA. Tony Giannone (sales mgr.) and my salesman Jim Volpe were very easy to work with.
I got the 2008 CRV Ex-L w/Navi for $26, 946.00
This price includes the destination fee of $635.00
I paid an addl. $193.00 doc fee and that was it.

I paid my taxes when I picked up my tags to keep it out of financed total.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Got my civic serviced for faulty seatbelt buckle at DCH Honda in Paramus....took all quarters, dimes and nickels but no pennies...they were all inside the car....:(
took my tools as well...dang it, literally they are thieves..:mad:

·
Registered
342 Posts
^You need to let the dealership know about this. This is unacceptable! Lodge a complaint not only to the dealership but to the Honda region office as well. The dealership needs to provide training on customer service that covers this. Thieves have no business working for anyone.

·
Registered
50 Posts
^You need to let the dealership know about this. This is unacceptable! Lodge a complaint not only to the dealership but to the Honda region office as well. The dealership needs to provide training on customer service that covers this. Thieves have no business working for anyone.
Thanks....they want me to come with the receipts of the tools taken....seems to me that they will reimburse the cost...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Dealer

New owner here. Bought my 2008 CRV EXL with Navigation from Academy Honda in Old Bridge in New Jersey on route 9. Discounted the car by more than $1500 and included free cell phone Bluetooth device and free oil changes up to 100,000 miles. Also got the Honda extended warranty for $420 with no deductables. Absolutely no pressure from dealer. Great price, great dealer.:D

·
Registered
68 Posts
New owner here. Bought my 2008 CRV EXL with Navigation from Academy Honda in Old Bridge in New Jersey on route 9. Discounted the car by more than $1500 and included free cell phone Bluetooth device and free oil changes up to 100,000 miles. Also got the Honda extended warranty for $420 with no deductables. Absolutely no pressure from dealer. Great price, great dealer.:D
wow, makes me feel like I got ripped off. Paid sticker when the V first came out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts