Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I understand from some posts here that the price shown in the configurator for the dealer-installed accessories does not include the installation labor, and that the labor can be costly as well as vary from one dealer to another. Have I got it right?

That might be a bummer since two of my must-haves -- heated steering wheel and towing hitch -- seem to require a lot of labor and I'd be looking at a few hundred additional $$$. Also things like body side moldings, rear bumper protector, etc.

I remember back in 2011 when I was shopping for our Outback (built in Indiana), it was actually possible if you were willing to wait a bit to factory-order your car with any of the available accessories, and the accessories would be installed right at the factory with no additional labor charges. But that was another time, another company...

·
Registered
337 Posts
I looked underneath the car and the trailer hitch does not look so hard no plactic or trim that you have to remove. Spend the money on the heated steering wheel.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Yes, the hitch does require some trim you have to remove. (You actually have to cut some away.) There's also a bit of work required to get the wiring harness run. Read the install instructions at collegehillshonda.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts