Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a appointment to get my rough idle checked out since my accident at 900km. The dealer told me that there is a HVAC? Recall on my car and so they will do that to see if it fixes the idle issue, and if not then they will further troubleshoot it.

What is this recall? What's it do? And why wasn't I informed of the recall prior to me making an appointment? Why can't I see any recall information about this on the internet? Everywhere I look it says their is no recall for my car. Even on the Honda website.

·
Registered
202 Posts
It could be a technical service bulletin to address issues at the next service, or one that addresses specific complaints by a customer on a specific model. The Recall term is used too loosely very often.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's a good idea,

Call the dealership and find out...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Very informative.

I'm asking because there are people on this forum stating that they have recalls available for their vehicle that are say for oil dilution, but the user does not have oil dilution and would be worried about getting said recall done.

Calling the dealership and asking if this recall is worth while getting would not be a very informative either.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have a 19 and there is no "recall" on mine but the best advice really is to call the dealer to ask what it is for. Anything stated here is subjective about your car since you don't know the specific (HVAC?) subject of the recall or the recall number. Since you mention 900 km you may well be in Canada or elsewhere, and that could also have an effect on the action.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Yes, ask for the Honda TSB / recall number then research from there.

Most TSBs are known and discussed on this forum, but without knowing which your dealer is suggesting, we can't really help further.

In Canada, TSBs start with an 'N', in the States they start with the year of issue (17, 18, 19)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts