Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems odd to me that while Honda has created a Maintenance Minder System, the dealer seems to always suggest service still based on time or mileage. Generally it is BEFORE the maintenance minder says to do it. I tend to trust the manufacturer of the product MUCH more so; then, I would the people who make a living and profit by servicing them. Just today my dealer recommended me change the trans fluid on my next oil change. However, when I contacted HONDA about this, they said their techs go by what the sensors tell them to do.

I have a 2018 CRV with 28,303 miles on it.

After being in sales for 45 years it seems pretty obvious to me as to why the discrepancy.

Anybody else notice or run into the same thing?.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,785 Posts
That's pretty normal. They are so tuned into their old way of doing business they can't help themselves.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,809 Posts
Don't feel bad, it COULD be worse.

A similar recent discussion on another forum had a dealer recommend $13,000 of added work on his European car!!!!! ? ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't feel bad, it COULD be worse.

A similar recent discussion on another forum had a dealer recommend $13,000 of added work on his European car!!!!! ? ?
Did the guy go for the added work? Or did he tell the dealer, that he prefers to be stuck up with a gun? LOL

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I always take two copies of a printed list of what I want done and give it to the service writer. I also make sure they know I have a copy, and that I only want the items on the list done.
And they usually still come to me in the waiting room and try to sell me on some additional services, to which I say no, and refer them back to the list I gave them.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,927 Posts
I'm sure this issue varies by dealer, and yeah.. some keep going with the old school... time/miles for oil changes etc.

The local dealer I use for service in fact... puts a sticker on the car that specifically says "please return when your MM shows 15% oil life remaining".

And so far, across 3 different Hondas over the last 5 years, they have never recommended any service that was not on the official Honda MM task list, unless I actually brought the car in for maintenance on some failure or asked them to look into something that was a concern to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts