Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my CRV 2017 touring for service today to a local Brooklyn Honda dealer. Just needed an oil change. Noticed a couple of hours after getting my car back, the tiny little cover that goes over the manual gear shifter override is missing. I have no clue why anyone took it, or why they even needed to use the shifter override, but I found the part online for 7 bucks shipped, so already ordered a replacement, and obviously never going back to that dealer again.

However, while searching for the cover on the floor of my driver side footwell, I notice that it appears there is some trim missing or is that normal, what I mean is , I have plastic on the bottom of the dash, and plastic around the hood release and gas release, but is there supposed to be any plastic trim behind the pedals, or between the driver dash and the floor? There is a large gap there where I see insulation, but no plastic covering it, is that normal? I’ve never been down there before so never knew the insulation was just exposed like that behind the pedals. Can anyone check this CRV and let me know? What a weird day, and why would anyone at the dealer take a 3 dollar cover?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Can you take a picture of the area you think is missing a piece of trim?

·
Everything in Moderation
8,160 Posts
One time when our Acura was in at the dealer, the lackey whose job it was to vacuum the cars after servicing sucked our little shift release cover right off! :eek:

They replaced it tho' (I noticed it before we left the dealer). :cool:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Funny you say this. My car was missing the gear shift override when I bought it. Had to go back to the dealer and get one. For all i know they just ripped one out of another CRV and threw it on my car lol.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Funny you say this. My car was missing the gear shift override when I bought it. Had to go back to the dealer and get one. For all i know they just ripped one out of another CRV and threw it on my car lol.

WAIT! DID YOU GO BACK YESTERDAY? WAS IT A Brooklyn Honda dealer????

;)
All kidding aside, it probably did in fact get vacuumed up or something similar - hard to believe a dealer (or employee) would risk their job steeling a cheap little part

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
For whatever reason, the shift override cover is supposed to be installed during PDI (instead of at the factory), and all too many dealers screw up PDI in the most elementary ways. (I wonder what percentage of cars roll out of the dealership still running the (far too high) factory tire pressure?) They seem to think that "PDI" consists of nothing more than attaching the wiper blades, tearing all the plastic off (they usually miss some) and making sure the dash is displaying the correct time.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
For whatever reason, the shift override cover is supposed to be installed during PDI (instead of at the factory), and all too many dealers screw up PDI in the most elementary ways. (I wonder what percentage of cars roll out of the dealership still running the (far too high) factory tire pressure?) They seem to think that "PDI" consists of nothing more than attaching the wiper blades, tearing all the plastic off (they usually miss some) and making sure the dash is displaying the correct time.
I'll bet a lot are not done.....My PDI was very neatly checked out...obviously faked . IE: washer fluid was almost MT..Tire pressure was high

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm missing my gear shift override cover also. Can someone provide the part number I need to replace this? I might be searching incorrectly but I can't seem to find it online. Thank you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts