Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the car in for some service this morning. As a precaution asked them to lube the pins while the wheels were off for a rotation. Told me it's $129.00 since they have to disassemble the brakes. Not sure it's true but I don't know whats involved.

I know on my CX-5 the dealer did it for free last time I asked. I can't believe Honda brakes would be that different from Mazda brakes.

Dealer also wanted $27.00 to replace a brake light bulb. Told them no thanks, just sell me the bulb. I've replaced one in the past so I know it only took me about 5 minutes, I'm sure a tech can do it in 2.

I guess that's why so many people call them stealerships.

·
Everything in Moderation
8,072 Posts
Sounds to me as if they are charging you the minimum hour $$$ for labor (even though the wheels are off already). :pyth:

When I do it on my '06, 3/4 of the time I spend consists of jacking the car and removing/replacing the wheels....:glare:

Is it possible that the guy who does the rotation isn't an ASE tech, so he can't touch the mechanicals? (liability)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds to me as if they are charging you the minimum hour $$$ for labor (even though the wheels are off already). :pyth:

When I do it on my '06, 3/4 of the time I spend consists of jacking the car and removing/replacing the wheels....:glare:

Is it possible that the guy who does the rotation isn't an ASE tech, so he can't touch the mechanicals? (liability)

You're probably right about the labor. Minumum 1/2 hour for anything.
As far as the bulb, took me two minutes to replace. It was the third rear light so all I had to do was pull it loose, turn the bulb socket and replace the bulb. Dealer charged me $6.42 for the bulb. Wanted $27.00 to replace.

·
Everything in Moderation
8,072 Posts
PS: Hondo's video was useful and comprehensive, but I never remove the caliper bracket...just grease 'em 'in-car'.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts