Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought Certified Used '16 CR-V with 43k miles last year.
Maintenance minder at 54K said service Tranny
Took to dealership and they said they did it and billed me for it.
Now at 65 K Tranny fluid is jet black and smells like burned popcorn.
Obviously dealership lied and didn't do service, right?
Had a different dealership document everything and did flush with them today
I have sample of Narly Fluid

Question: Service manager today says talk to = Honda USA and ask for 1) reimbursement of 1st dealerships charges, 2) reimbursement of today's second billing for service that should have been done previously and 3) Demand my 100K powertrain warranty be extended.

Thougts? As for warranty extension, what do you recommend I demand in terms of length of extension

THANKS!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That the service manager directed you to American Honda is troubling. They probably don't want to be on AHC's radar, and it's easier & faster to solve it locally.
Thanks. Service Manager today has pics of the narly fluid and told me to have American Honda contact him once the case is opened.
How would it be easier to resolve locally? I need credit from a failed service at a dealership in another state plus credit for today's service plus extension of warranty. How could local do this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ms3224a... Contacted the original dealer that didn't do the work and spoke with service manager... he insisted the work was done and would not credit me... but then suddenly realized there was a "clerical error" in the billing and that I was overcharged $104 and that he would send a refund check for that part, but not the rest... wow

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
I would also go back and have the fluid changed in a month or so to see if there may be a persistent problem and to make sure all the contaminated fluid is gone. That info might also guide you decisions on whether the at-fault dealer damaged the trans by neglect.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Bought Certified Used '16 CR-V with 43k miles last year.
Maintenance minder at 54K said service Tranny
Took to dealership and they said they did it and billed me for it.
Now at 65 K Tranny fluid is jet black and smells like burned popcorn.
Obviously dealership lied and didn't do service, right?
Had a different dealership document everything and did flush with them today
I have sample of Narly Fluid

Question: Service manager today says talk to = Honda USA and ask for 1) reimbursement of 1st dealerships charges, 2) reimbursement of today's second billing for service that should have been done previously and 3) Demand my 100K powertrain warranty be extended.

Thougts? As for warranty extension, what do you recommend I demand in terms of length of extension

THANKS!
Did you check the oil after Honda changed it? I like to check the level and put a smear on a white card or paper. You seem to be calling them crooked with little proof. Could you have other problems? That was only the second year that transmission was used in a CR-V and it is a total departure from my 2014 five speed automatic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"You seem to be calling them crooked with little proof."

Both Service Manager and Tech said that they believe it is original fluid, that they have never seen fluid this bad after 13k miles, even if there was a major problem with tranny,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts