Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was making adjustments to the audio system, traffic ahead of me came to a sudden stop and I was completely unaware of it.

The CMBS kicked in. An orange colored "BRAKE" symbol was flashing and loud beeping occurred. I instantaneously hit the brakes hard and swerved to avoid impact.

Without the system working, I would have surely made impact. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Distracted driving kills! I'm glad no one was injured.

Please pay more attention to the road while driving.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Glad you are OK. Very pleased to see the system worked at designed. I can't wait to see what tomorrow's future vehicles will be like with safety features, especially when vehicles start talking to each other. Once again, glad you are OK.

Hope you don't mind, but I will share this story with my 16 years old granddaughter who is just learning to drive. Hopefully she will share it with her friends and who knows, your post could save a life!

·
Registered
449 Posts
My insurance company gave me a 10% discount because I have CMBS. That only happens because emergency braking, although imperfect, is preventing more accidents than it causes.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad you are OK. Very pleased to see the system worked at designed. I can't wait to see what tomorrow's future vehicles will be like with safety features, especially when vehicles start talking to each other. Once again, glad you are OK.

Hope you don't mind, but I will share this story with my 16 years old granddaughter who is just learning to drive. Hopefully she will share it with her friends and who knows, your post could save a life!
Of course, feel free to share it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts