Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Am I the only one with these problems in a new 2019 CRV EXL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has about 5500 miles on it. It stops by itself and once threw me into the steering wheel and scared me to death. I've now grown accustomed to expect anything when driving this car. Also the infotainment center in the dash will work when it desires. I try to use Android Auto but the unit sometimes goes dark by itself or the radio won't play or there will be no GPS connection to my phone or it will tell me it is not compatible to my phone when it has been compatible yesterday. I just never know what to expect from this car. Everyday it is a new surprise. I feel like it is possessed by spirits. Coincidentially, I had a 2016 Civic Touring that I traded for the CRV to get more room and the in dash unit was worse than this one. However, the Civic never braked by itself. It did wait on me to put on the brakes. How I miss those days!

Anyway, back to the problem at hand. I have a relatively new car that I'm scared to drive due to the random braking issue. I have a possessed head unit that is undependable and a car I really hate. I have tried calling your electronics tech support line to no avail. I have complained to NHTSA about the random braking issue as I am afraid that I will be rear ended and injured and I really don't know if I have any recourse or not. I received a form letter from American Honda after they received the complaint from NHTSA that is useless and I am looking for advice.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
While there may be some Honda employees that read this forums, this is not a good way to contact Honda.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you racoon. I did that regarding the random braking issue and received much more action from NHTSA than Honda. Honda sent me a form letter acknowledging they had received my complaint from NHTSA. That was the end of that. It is my feeling that I can't do anything else except trade vehicles. I've been through this before with the head unit in the dash with my Civic and now the CRV. I took the Civic in many times to be checked at the dealer and they couldn't do anything with it and it is a well known defect in 16 Civics. Honda quality has taken a nosedive in the past few years and so has customer care in my view. I feel my only recourse is to trade to a different manufacturer and I've had Hondas for many years.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I do have braking issues when I am using cruise control and come up on a vehicle one lane over, but I have learned to adjust and either turn off cruise in those situations or expect it. The android auto is a pain, but I have worked around it by not letting my phone connect automatically. My wife has a 2019 hyundai santa fe and it all works some much better in the safety/infotainment areas. I must admit I am considering trading in for a hyundai (or go pickup truck like).

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
1,459 Posts
Turning Off Honda Sensing

While staying safe is always a priority, some drivers don’t feel that they need constant monitoring and warnings when they’re out for a drive. Therefore, you have the option to switch off some Honda Sensing® systems. On the center console, you should be able to locate buttons for each system, which allow you to customize the features that are currently operational. You may also turn them off by pushing the MAIN button on the steering wheel until the indicators disappear from your instrument panel cluster.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.