Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am skeptical if Honda will read this. However, I went from taking my 2017 CR-V to my local Honda dealer here in Austin TX. about every other week due to oil level overfull and smelling like gasoline, to actually being able to wait and go in for a normal oil change. I took my CR-V by and my service writer Cody Penna checked my oil and agreed oil was not overfull and had no smell of gas. I have shown him data of "factory readings" and data with my cure. Upon his recommendation, I have sent the results of my findings to "Honda Ideas" but did not hear a word. I have gone from being ready to take a loss and trade it in, to keeping a vehicle I love.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
I did a comparison of cold start readings via an app, and at Factory settings fuel rail pressure was higher, thus indicating more fuel was being injected than "After Readings".
So.........factory fuel pressure was higher for one cold start vs a different cold start? What app and what data?.....please.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So.........factory fuel pressure was higher for one cold start vs a different cold start? What app and what data?.....please.
I purchased the Torque Pro app and took screenshots of fuel rail pressure and others, fuel rail pressure was the main difference observed.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
I purchased the Torque Pro app and took screenshots of fuel rail pressure and others, fuel rail pressure was the main difference observed.
........so what factory setting did you change AND how?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think you’re going to need to lay out all the details in one shot to satisfy the curiosity of people on this forum

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I honestly do not see why you cannot provide specific numbers and data about the fuel rail pressure before and after.

If you are going to post something like this in a CRV enthusiast forum.. at least have the courtesy to provide the data.

Absent that.. you are just yet one more anonymous person on the internet making statements that are unverifiable. Worse.. there are some owners here who do have abnormal OD and would love to have actual fixes that may actually work... and you being cagy about this is disrespectful to these owners in my view.

Of course.. for all we know.. whatever changes you made.. could have a long term negative impact on gen5 CRVs overall as well. Again.. absent data by you... cannot even remotely evaluate your claims here.

Maybe you are for real.. maybe you are just trolling the forum. Really cannot tell at this point, but this particular topic (OD) is the meanest possible topic to troll with.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To clarify, I do have an OD cure. my intent for this posting is to attempt to reach someone higher up the ladder within Honda USA than "Honda Ideas". I have no intention of "Giving" away my findings. this is not to be disrespectful of other owners going through what I also went through with local Honda dealer not being able to fix the issue.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I have no intention of "Giving" away my findings.
In other words.. you are looking to monetize what you did.. for personal gain. ;) That is not the purpose of this forum.

To clarify, I do have an OD cure. my intent for this posting is to attempt to reach someone higher up the ladder within Honda USA than "Honda Ideas".
Using this forum for this purpose will get you nowhere. A Honda representative may or may not ever read your post in this forum... as this forum has no official affiliation with Honda.

If you were sincere about this.. you could be contacting Honda Corporate directly through their official channels. You know.. the same channels you would use to get Honda Corporate to open a case file for an actual issue on an actual Honda.

You are wasting everyone's time here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In other words.. you are looking to monetize what you did.. for personal gain. ;) That is not the purpose of this forum.

Using this forum for this purpose will get you nowhere. A Honda representative may or may not ever read your post in this forum... as this forum has no official affiliation with Honda.

If you were sincere about this.. you could be contacting Honda Corporate directly through their official channels. You know.. the same channels you would use to get Honda Corporate to open a case file for an actual issue on an actual Honda.

You are wasting everyone's time here.
Sorry to waste everyone's time. I have a case number, I have gone through Honda's channels (Honda Ideas) with no result. I guess they don't care to fix the problem.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
To clarify, I do have an OD cure. my intent for this posting is to attempt to reach someone higher up the ladder within Honda USA than "Honda Ideas".
The problem with your idea is that Honda does not own or operate this web site.

I don't remember ever reading anything about "Honda Ideas". Did you contact American Honda Motor Corp? Is that what your case number is from?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I call TOTAL BULLSHIT diagnosing something with an app that Honda engineers are struggling with, people who's kids when born are smarter than you.

At best the dealership found a possible fix for a problem that is rare in Texas. Plus the fuel pressure will be higher at initial start up, any tech that's been doing it more than 5 minutes knows this. Your "findings" would need to be incredibly higher than idle pressure to produce enough fuel.

Yeap you just got schooled by a life long tech, take that shit somewhere else.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
I observe the V going into “closed” loop within seconds of a cold start......”closed” loop meaning the O2s have taken over. Higher fuel pressure, injectors fire a little shorter......lower fuel pressure, the injectors fire a little longer, depending on for the most part, the signal from the O2s.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I call TOTAL BULLSHIT diagnosing something with an app that Honda engineers are struggling with, people who's kids when born are smarter than you.

At best the dealership found a possible fix for a problem that is rare in Texas. Plus the fuel pressure will be higher at initial start up, any tech that's been doing it more than 5 minutes knows this. Your "findings" would need to be incredibly higher than idle pressure to produce enough fuel.

Yeap you just got schooled by a life long tech, take that shit somewhere else.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Call it what you want. I know I went from going into Honda Dealer in AUSTIN every two to three weeks to regular oil change intervals. The "app" was not for diagnosis, but instead to observe the difference. BTW the obscenity is not needed to make your point.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
This is hilarious. "Dear Honda, I have a fix for your OD issue, but I will not tell you what it is unless you pay me $1,000,000!" :ROFLMAO:

Good luck with that!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.