Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned my CR-V all of about 3 weeks now and all's well so far. Imagine my surprise when I opened the mailbox today to find an "alert" postcard with the headline "Notification that your factory warranty is expiring or has currently expired" !!! Anyone who buys a used car has included warranty expiration/coverage as part of their due diligence (or should have done so). As a first time Honda owner, I'm insulted that this sales tactic is used by a culture who places a high value on honor and honesty !! I know when my warranty expires and that the powertrain is 2 years after that so please don't outright lie to me about the warranty. A local radio talk show host has claimed for years that 7 of 10 Americans are morons !!! I used to laugh and figure it was a great comedy "bit" - no longer do I feel that way !! We are idiots if we fall for this BS. I plan to call the 800 number next week and give them a very small piece of my mind (which is all I can afford to lose). Come on Honda, no time like the present to learn the meaning of "respect your customer" !!! Other folks sell cars in case you haven't noticed !!! Craig

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
I've got those in the mail too. They aren't from Honda though. They've been from 3rd party warranty companies. I have been getting several of these in the mail over the past 2 years of ownership. I got one when my car was 7 months old. I wouldn't stress it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Coastie, I'm sure you're correct and I realize that car titles are in the public domain - nowhere on the card does any name appear except Honda !!! I guess it's the American way !! I don't sweat stuff like this, I just detest business conducted like this !!! Craig

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
All of the aftermarket solicitations come to you courtesy of your state of residence providing your car information to marketers after they have paid the state for that information. Vehicle manufacturers are not a part of that game. Cheers'

·
Everything in Moderation
7,625 Posts
I think that the contact info is sold by the dealers (or state dealer association).

I get those all the time too.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Thank your state of residence for selling your info to these aftermarket sellers of crap. Not your dealers doings.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Junk mail works great in the fireplace or fire pit! :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts