Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 LX 2WD
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought our 2WD 2009 LX new in October 2009 because it was cheaper than buying a used CRV at the time. We have two kids and this is our only car. It now has just under 80,000 miles on it. We drive the CRV cross-country (Wisconsin to Texas) twice a year and load up a hitch-mounted cargo carrier. Other than that we drive very little, thanks to our very bike-friendly city. In the last 6 months I've considered trading into a bigger car (I really like the Ford Transit Connect) to make our big trips more comfortable. But as soon as we got our first big snow I started thinking I should trade up to an AWD CRV or Subaru Outback.

But for a number of reasons (including just being frugal, so-so reviews on the CRV AWD system, and lack of 40/20/40 split back seats on the current CRV and Outback), we've decided to keep our CRV. Seriously, that 40/20/40 split back seat is one of the 3rd Gen CRV's best features. Makes carrying skis and four humans a lot easier than having to deal with a roof rack. Why did Honda do away with that?!

So since we're keeping the car I've decided to modernize/improve it a bit. Fix all the little things that have always bothered me. I've already upgraded to the EX-model 6-disc CD changer. Here's my list of other things to do:
- Add variable intermittent wipers
- Add window tinting
- Buy a set of winter tires
- Add Sumosprings to get rid of the annoying rear end sag any time I have more than 200lbs in the back.
- Either add on the temp sensor or add one of those rearview mirrors with temp/compass/and back-up camera screen
- Maybe add remote start
- And just maybe add a roofrack and a ski box for longer trips (having the skis in the car is convenient for short trips, but maybe not long-distance).

·
Registered
2009 LX 2WD
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, and I also plan to make (rather than buy) a cargo shelf to go in place of where the shelf that came standard on the EX model goes. I'm planning to make it out of baltic birch with a piano hinge down the center.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.