Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just leased a 2019 CR-V . I would like to know what Month the SUV was built. There is an Air Bag Re-Call. Salesman said our Vehicle isn't

involved. Does anyone know how to De-Code the Vin #. Thanks

·
Registered
491 Posts
If you Google "VIN decoder" you'll find several. The VIN does NOT tell you what month the vehicle was built. But the driver's door placard listing the tire pressures will show the month and year.

The airbag itself isn't the problem on the '19s. It's a burr in the steering wheel column that can damage the wiring to the airbag. 118,598 vehicles are involved built between Oct. 3, 2018 and Apr. 1, 2019 as noted in the following document:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I took a Quick look at Tire Sticker, I will have to look again. I consider this a

Serious Problem. Someone noticed a Light Blink on the Assembly Line. That's how they

found problem. Wow. We like our CR-V . Had it since 5/30/19. We shall see. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Thanks, I took a Quick look at Tire Sticker, I will have to look again. I consider this a

Serious Problem. Someone noticed a Light Blink on the Assembly Line. That's how they

found problem. Wow. We like our CR-V . Had it since 5/30/19. We shall see. Thanks again.
If your sale person told you that your vin isnt in the range... why would the internet be any different?

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,927 Posts
Just leased a 2019 CR-V . I would like to know what Month the SUV was built. There is an Air Bag Re-Call. Salesman said our Vehicle isn't

involved. Does anyone know how to De-Code the Vin #. Thanks
One thing I consistently see the dealerships do when you have your vehicle in for service or maintenance.... they lookup the VIN in their registry for recalls and TSBs to check and see if anything is currently pending. I would bet they do so when a sale or lease is completed as well, since Honda requires them to do so.

Best way to confirm what the salesman stated to you is is correct would be to actually do a recall lookup on your VIN at the honda website for owners. Safe, simple, and bullet proof as far as recalls are concerned... and since this is a safety issue.. it IS a recall.. not a service campaign (service campaigns...ie: TSBs...will not typically show on a VIN lookup).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sticker says my CR-V was built "3/19". Ran Vin on Honda .Com, says no recall. Salesman said
They had a few CR-V's they couldn't sell because they had the Problem..

·
Registered
491 Posts
Sticker says my CR-V was built "3/19". Ran Vin on Honda .Com, says no recall. Salesman said
They had a few CR-V's they couldn't sell because they had the Problem..
All the vehicles that have the problem were built between Oct. 2018 and Apr. 2019. However, that does NOT mean that every vehicle built during that period has the problem. I wouldn't be concerned because your vehicle was built in Mar. 2019. The VIN number is the only sure way to know.

Honda has put a stop-sell order on unsold vehicles that have the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts