Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I unlocked my car with the remote buttons. Now, every time I go into and out of my car (parked in the garage), I get six or so short beeps every time I close the door; what gives? (And how do I disable this?) What possible reason does it have for being angry at me for closing the door without the key anywhere nearby?

And the buttlonless entry seems to be completely inconsistent... there appears to be a whole range of reactions if I walk up to my locked car with the remote in my pocket:
- The car will unlock the door as soon as I touch the handle.
- I pull then handle once, it's locked, I let go, it unlocks.
- I keep tugging on the handle, and all it does is make a sound like it's locking the doors over and over again, instead of unlocking. Eventually it lets me in.

I think the car is having trouble deciding if I'm touching the "lock sensor" on the door handle, or trying to unlock the car. I wish there was a way of disabling that "lock sensor"; I have the Walk-away Auto Lock enabled... what do I need the "lock sensor" for at all?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm still waiting on my Touring to be delivered next week, but my 2015 will do the repeated beeps if I attempt to lock the doors with one open or use the remote to lock the doors while the FOB is inside the car. I'm thinking you have already checked all the doors so maybe you are going to need to disconnect the battery and let the car "re-boot".

Sorry to hear about your problem.

·
Registered
219 Posts
When you grab the door handle, do not touch the ridged area on the top of the handle towards the rear. That is the area that you touch to lock the car manually.

To open the car, you need to touch the inside of the handle, but do not pull the handle until you hear it unlock, otherwise your door will remain locked and you'll have to repeat the process.

The beep codes are as follows:

One beep = locked
Two beeps = unlocked
Multiple beeps = the car is unable to arm the auto walk away lock feature

The reason you're getting the multiple beeps is the auto walk away feature cannot be enabled when you don't have the fob with you, thus it's warning you not to walk away without locking it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts