Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer recently replaced all of the tires on my vehicle (about 4000 miles on the vehicle). Discovered a flat one morning and after I filled it it went flat again while my wife was at the gym. She called Roadside Assistance and the serviceman noticed some cracking inside the treads. All the tires were the same so I took it back to the dealer and they replaced them with Champiro 128 GT Radials. Cheapies, I know, but the ride is actually better and quieter than the Continentals it came with.
I had casually expressed a distaste for Continentals which I'd replaced on my Vibe due to premature wear.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I wonder what the date code was on the original Conti's.

I've never heard of Champiro's so they must be cheap.

·
Registered
756 Posts
What type of Continentals? Tyres specially made for factory Hondas?

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have 4,600 miles on my continental tires and I do see what appears to be dry cracks inside the tires, not the sidewalls but the gaps where the treads go.. Hmm.. I know these tires come with a warranty. Surprise yours just started to go flat, mine are still holding air luckily.

I don't think I would use the OEM tires again, because quality seems to be an issue more then performance. I think the pamphlet says 30,000 miles warranty on these tires.

Did you have to pay out of pocket for the new tires or did the dealers swap them out with another brand for free?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts