Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband purchased for me a brand new 2016 CRV Touring. Shortly after purchasing it I noticed that the GPS was not showing roads! Just an empty screen with an arrow and road names just there. Wants me to travel almost 30 miles instead of the 7 it really is to get to my home from a certain spot. I have had it into the shop 5 times since February, had another CRV brought to my home and showed the roads mine didn't. The dealership had to fight to get a new GPS put into my truck. Still didn't work after a new system put in. I opened a case with Honda Customer Affairs and was told that the GPS system was working correctly as it designed to do and they could do NOTHING for me but I was to wait for an update that could take up to a year to receive and that I would have to pay for it! And hope that it would work! Not only that but also found out that any other CRV made about the same time as mine with similar Vin numbers would do the same thing! I know this is true because the dealership brought another vehicle with similar and it also did not work! How many more are out there not working correctly and not getting resolved?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mrs. Swenson: Bought a 2016 CR-V Touring in March 2016. Wanted the Navigation package because my wife has directional dysfunction issues when driving. We tested our unit right away by programming the unit and then driving to these addresses with which we are familiar locally to see how the unit handled it. No problems with screen. Roads and vehicle symbol always there, side streets, all that stuff. However, we did encounter a few problems: Unit does not vocalize the road name onto which it directs you to turn, except sometimes on an interstate. Wants you to take a "slight" right or left turn at times. (what is that? What does slight mean?) Wanted me to "take the second left" or "right." First time would have put me down a boat ramp into a river. The second time would have put us into a field. Does not know road name sometimes. Does not allow programming of certain addresses, even their Lat or Longitude coordinates. Driving down I-81 S the unit kept directing me to US 221, which was running parallel to I-81 at the time. If you miss or intentionally miss a recommended turn, the unit tries to get you to "U" turn back to the originally plotted route for 4-5 miles before actually recalculating using your current position. I have used several GPS systems, Garmin, Tom Tom, Magellan and a few apps Scout, Waze, Goggle maps. All are better than this system. Honda does not allow use of a smartphone interface with this vehicle, although they do in the Pilot, Accord and some Lexus models. Dealer says the same thing to me as they did to you. Said the unit is working correctly, update is current, and if not satisfied report this to Honda America, which I did. So their response was to say they are sorry and will send a Gift card to help with purchase of anything Honda. I am so disappointed. Have seen numerous posts on line by other Honda owners with this expensive system with basically the same problems. Absolutely unconscionable by Honda America.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a 2017 Crv-exl with nav and have found in 1000 miles of driving it was not a good expense. Today I went to Sams club and instead of taking me the short route it took me to a state highway like it always seems to do. The best part was after ariving in the parking lot it told and showed me I had another 80 feet to go and it didnt reconize I was in the lot. I may take it back to the dealer and find out what can be done with it as its the last car I will ever own and whats the point of having Nav and gps if it takes you out of the way. My phone is better for getting places than the Nav on a Honda it seems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The bottom line is: the Nav system sucks. I have a 2016 Touring and the Nav system always wants to take me on a numbered highway instead of of short cuts that I already know about. You can't just put in a zip code which is frustrating when a restaurant gives a subsection of a town you never heard about. It often tells me I am on a undigitized road when it is a main street in a small town. bottom line---use google maps on your phone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
[They claim it works to "Honda standards" but mine is no better than an etch-a-sketch for information. It appears they changed to a Garmin based system for the next model CR-V. I owned a 2016 touring and am very disappointed with nav and the oil use issue!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts