1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Defective "Low Tire Pressure/Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TMPS) Indicator"

- Vehicle description:
-- 2014 Honda CRV 5DR 2WD EXL

- Bought new on 6/2/2014 from Wolfchase Honda, 2982 North Germantown Road, Bartlett, TN 38133, phone: (901) 255-3751

- Problem: Defective "Low Tire Pressure/Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TMPS) Indicator"; comes on intermittently for no apparent reason forcing us to pull over to side of the road to visually check tires and recalibrate TMPS.

- 8/11/2016: Vehicle taken to Wolfchase for repair. Problem continued.

- 9/7/2016: Vehicle taken to Wolfchase for repair. Problem continued.

- 10/28/2016: Vehicle taken for repair to AutoNation Honda 385, 4030 Hacks Cross Road, Memphis, TN 38125, (901) 795-5900. Pointed out to them Honda Service Bulletin 14-006, Dec. 17, 2014, "Low Tire Pressure/TPMS Indicator Is On With VSA DTC 151-11." They reported that a replacement tire (same brand, size, etc. of factory installed tires) was "too big." Tire replaced, but problem continued.

- 10/31/2016: Wrote letter of complaint to Mr. Joey Schaefer, President, Schaeffer Automotive Group, Inc., owner of Wolfchase Honda, with copy to Russell J. Hensley, Evans Petree PC, registered agent for Schaeffer Automotive Group; and American Honda Motor Co., Inc., Automobile Customer Service, Torrance, Calif.

- 11/4/2016: Mr. Abdullah Jones, Service Manager, Wolfchase Honda, called and asked me to bring the vehicle in again.

- 11/7/2016: Vehicle taken to Wolfchase Honda.

- 11/11/2016: Received voice mail message from customer Service Representative "Larry" with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. (1-800-999-1009, ext. 117752). Returned his call same day leaving voice mail message that we were taking a two-day road trip and would get back to him upon our return should we continue to have problems.

- 11/14/2016: En route from our home to Grand Rivers, Kentucky (a 3-hour, 22-minute, 197 mile trip) Low Tire Pressure/TMPS Indicator came on three times.

- 11/15/2016: En route home, Low Tire Pressure/TMPS Indicator came on again, so we just left it on for duration of trip.

- 11/16/2016: Telephoned and left voice mail message for "Larry" at American Honda Co., Inc. in Torrance, Calif., to call me. He failed to do so.

- 11/16/2016: Low Tire Pressure/TPMS Indicator came on again.

- 11/17/2016: Telephoned and left voice mail message for "Larry" at American Honda Co., Inc. to call me. He again failed to call back.

- Delivering to our attorney a copy of this chronology of problem/complaint, along with copies of all correspondence and related documents of service from Wolfchase Honda and AutoNation Honda 385. Will instruct him to pursue legal action against American Honda Motor Co., Inc. and both dealerships should any member of our family or I be seriously injured and/or killed in a tire-related accident stemming from the defective Low Tire Pressure/TMPS Indicator.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
You're serious? How in the world did you survive before TMPS? I've had the TMPS light come on for no reason on my last two cars. I did the unthinkable. I looked at the tires to see if they were low and proceeded. After I knew they were OK (I do have a tire gauge), I pretended I didn't have TMPS and drove exactly the same way I drove the 50 years before I had a car with one. I think you're overreacting to a government mandated gadget that is of little practical use. They give false positives of a problem about 9 out of 10 times regardless of brand. My 2016 EX-L is the only car with TMPS that has not given me a false positive yet (they no longer use wheel sensors that frequently fail).

·
Registered
579 Posts
^^ Stupid answer.

You paid for a vehicle with TPMS and you should absolutely expect it to work. Good luck.

Good job keeping all service etc documented.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts