Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2015 CRV is less than100 miles and I felt pulsation around 100km/h, this is different from the well known vibration. Brought it to dealer and was told it has defective tires - two of them! Dealer replaced both front tires.

What's the odds a new car has defective tires, let alone two of them? Don't factory do balancing and should have noticed this before letting the vehicle off the line? Just think it's weird and wonder if there was something else going on with it.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
The 2015 CRV is less than100 miles and I felt pulsation around 100km/h, this is different from the well known vibration. Brought it to dealer and was told it has defective tires - two of them! Dealer replaced both front tires.

What's the odds a new car has defective tires, let alone two of them? Don't factory do balancing and should have noticed this before letting the vehicle off the line? Just think it's weird and wonder if there was something else going on with it.
What kind of test drive did you do? It's kind of odd that this wasn't noticed during the drive.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Same problem with vibration,after 4 n/c rebalancings I gave up and went to an other Honda Dealer
while on an out of town trip,they replaced the RR tire as it was defective,it was so bad that it was
vibrating the the entire car,was told it was separating to the point that it could have come apart.
At hiway speeds?. problem is is did not happen during the test drive in he city.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Brand of tires??? Hey, come on, name the names of these tire manufacturers. We want to know so can spend our hard earned dollars on good quality tires!

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Same problem with vibration,after 4 n/c rebalancings I gave up and went to an other Honda Dealer
while on an out of town trip,they replaced the RR tire as it was defective,it was so bad that it was
vibrating the the entire car,was told it was separating to the point that it could have come apart.
At hiway speeds?. problem is is did not happen during the test drive in he city.
Dang, that's freaking crazy. What kind of tire came on it?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Op did not say what trim their CRV is but Seems up here anyways our '14 lx came with Continental Cross Contacts Made in Portugal. Our '15 Touring has Dunlop AT20 Made in Japan,a very nice tire.
Our '14 was never that smooth, I think they're cheaply made tires the Cross Contacts
du_grandtrek_at20_pdpcrop.jpg
co_crosscontact_lx_pdpcrop.jpg

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Op did not say what trim their CRV is but Seems up here anyways our '14 lx came with Continental Cross Contacts Made in Portugal. Our '15 Touring has Dunlop AT20 Made in Japan,a very nice tire.
Our '14 was never that smooth, I think they're cheaply made tires the Cross Contacts
Sorry didn't come back to this thread past few days. Yes you are correct (mine is 15 LX).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
What kind of test drive did you do? It's kind of odd that this wasn't noticed during the drive.
The one delivered is not the one we test drove. Typically you test drive their demo, and place your order for a new one, isn't it? Dealer doesn't always have one in their lot for you to drive right away.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Continental seems to be the brand most commonly issued with LX models in the US. Our '09 came with them and they're also on our new '15 Pilot. I've not been impressed with the tires on either of them - best case is they seem to wear much more quickly than I'd expect. I'm sure that because the LX is the lowest cost model they get fitted with lower quality tires, but still I'd expect a bit better than what I have experienced.

Ironically, I have been very happy with a variety of General Tire models and Continental is their parent company. The General's are often lower cost than the Continentals but seem to ride better and last longer. Go figure.

·
Registered
257 Posts
http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/14-problems-issues/63138-2015-honda-cr-v-vibration-idle-331.html

Suggestion: check out this thread about vibrations. Honda has released a video acknowledging vibrations at various speeds. They label them as Modes 1, 2 and 3. Mode 3 is highway-speed vibrations that can feel like faulty tires. The problem is not the tires but the combo of a rough-running (by design) engine and CVT transmission that create and transmit vibrations throughout the vehicle. Honda recently released a TSB offering a fix that includes a new engine mount, new radiator mounts, transmission reflashes, a new driver's seat headrest (presumably to absorb vibrations) and a revised hatch seal (the original design causes shaking at speed, which amplifies the vibrations.) As I type this, people on the vibrations thread are posting about their experiences with the dealer-installed fixes. Here's the link to the YouTube video posted by Honda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFdbSG-jS5k

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
The one delivered is not the one we test drove. Typically you test drive their demo, and place your order for a new one, isn't it? Dealer doesn't always have one in their lot for you to drive right away.
No. Typically I buy the one that I test drive and am happy with. Don't buy a pig in a poke. (i.e. poke: a bag. i.e. don't buy something sight unseen)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/14-problems-issues/63138-2015-honda-cr-v-vibration-idle-331.html

Suggestion: check out this thread about vibrations. Honda has released a video acknowledging vibrations at various speeds. They label them as Modes 1, 2 and 3. Mode 3 is highway-speed vibrations that can feel like faulty tires. The problem is not the tires but the combo of a rough-running (by design) engine and CVT transmission that create and transmit vibrations throughout the vehicle. Honda recently released a TSB offering a fix that includes a new engine mount, new radiator mounts, transmission reflashes, a new driver's seat headrest (presumably to absorb vibrations) and a revised hatch seal (the original design causes shaking at speed, which amplifies the vibrations.) As I type this, people on the vibrations thread are posting about their experiences with the dealer-installed fixes. Here's the link to the YouTube video posted by Honda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFdbSG-jS5k
purple43 . . . Really. Tires can be a major source of a vehicle's vibrations. It happens.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
No, I've always test drove the vehicle I am actually going to buy. If they won't let me, then I'll go to another dealership.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
257 Posts
purple43 . . . Really. Tires can be a major source of a vehicle's vibrations. It happens.
Right you are. I should have said "...the problem may not be the tires..." On the vibrations thread I referenced, several posters mentioned taking their 2015 CR-Vs in for what they thought was out-of-balance tires. Turned out to be the Mode 3 vibration issue (one of three modes Honda has acknowledged). I had all 3 modes in my 2015 (very severe, so traded for another make). At my Honda dealer, one woman took her 2015 CR-V in three times for tire examination and re-balancing. Didn't work. Later, Honda released a video acknowledging three-mode vibration issues related to the new engine and CVT transmission. My purpose in posting here is simply to suggest this: if your 2015 has what you think is a continuing tire vibration problem, check out the Honda video and the vibrations thread.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sorry ,have been away ,my EX-L came with Bridgstone Dueler's. My son had a 2011 EX-L
and the tires needed to be replaced, gave him mine and purchased Michelin Defender,
they seem quieter.I purchased a set of Honda steel rims with TPS and have mounted
Continental snow tires,would you believe they are even quieter and have a better ride?

·
Registered
128 Posts
When I picked up the car I thought that the vibrations could have been from siting in the new car storage area,the drive from the Dealer to my home was a 35min drive at 120 km,I thought if a flat spot it would have reduced the problem, rebalanced on there new Hunter unit c/w a road load mode and that did not solve the problem,
The out of town Dealer started by removing the tires and found the defective one on the left rear,needless to say,when I got back to my Dealer the Service mngr and Teck Rep heard my thoughts on there Service Dept and tires..

·
Registered
101 Posts
We run Continentals on both of our Vs. The 2013 came standard with Continental Cross touch. The 2005 had Bridgestone Duelers replaced with the newest Continental TrueTouch. Live them on Vs.

What shall we have? An '82 Margaux! Is it any good? Good....?, It will make you believe in God!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I too am having issues, a sidewall defect with the Continentals, how did you get the dealer to replace? Honda has told me they are not responsible, I wonder how many more are out there with the defects

1 - 20 of 20 Posts