Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer replaced under bumper to bumper warranty and says it's a one off. Has anyone else had this issue? I am very disappointed in the quality of my Honda CRV.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Dealer replaced under bumper to bumper warranty and says it's a one off. Has anyone else had this issue? I am very disappointed in the quality of my Honda CRV.
35 Honda's have been bought by our family. We have had nothing but great luck with them. Satistically things will break and its why you have a warranty and why they put in a new transmission at no cost to you. I certainly do not recall any large numbers of tranmisson failures in these cars. We have had our 2017 for 18 months and a lot of miles and have not had any real issues. I love it more now than the day I bought it. Sorry you had a problem. Why not give the car some time. Data shows Honda to rank very high up in the reliability ratings. Our 1999 Accord has been passed down through the family and at 225,000 miles its still purring along on the original transmission and engine.

BTW: From a legal stand point your car comes with a warranty. That warranty does not guarantee you will not have a problem, rather it assures you that should you have a problem the manufacturer will repair it. Honda did what they should do and replaced a defective part. No one can ever promise you 100% that something with over 5,000 parts will never have any sort of failure.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Things happen, that's what a warranty is for. No car ever made hasn't had a warranty issue of some degree. It's a simply problem of the sensor failed, go have it replaced. Coming on a forum to rant about something under warranty thats just a random occurance isnt useful or helpful to anyone.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
313 Posts
I couldn't find a part named like this in the parts catalog. Did they replace the transmission--i.e., it's an internal component not field replaceable? (Most automakers don't want dealers doing repairs internal to the transmission. They apparently think the dealers aren't likely to get these done correctly.) If not, can you look at the RO and provide the part number they replaced? Most of the sensor -like parts I looked at are <$40 retail. So nothing terribly exotic here.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
It's possible that it's not called a turbine speed sensor by Honda catalog. But they are nothing more than a speed sensor, just their location defines what moving shafts speed it reads. Same exact way a crank and cam sensor work. Notches or tabs on a metal ring, sensor is magnetic and reads each pulse created everytime a tab comes close enough.ì

Turbine speed sensors usually refer to input shaft speed sensor. Reads the speed of the shaft driven by the engine. I've seen transmissions with 3 different ones in them. Not sure how many are on the CVT transmissions, at least 2 as one is needed for the speedometer and one for the cvt systems guessing theirs 3 though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts