Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I need your help to determine if got a defevtive set, I called Weathertech and want me to email them pictures and also told me that probably they are 1 inch apart between them because I pinched under subwoofer.
What do you think?
These is what I am writing them:
June 19, 2008

Weather-tech Customer Service.

ORDER # 91496265
Order Date: 5/31/2008 4:06:24 PM

I was very happy when received my floor liners and recently installed them, the rear ones fit just perfect but unfortunally found 3 problems with the front ones:

1) I have a 2008 Honda CRV EX-L with Navigation which has a box/subwoofer underneath the passenger front seat and which was blocking the floor liner about 1 inch, I just pinched the floor liner under that box like many owners of the same car have done it but wish it was made to fit around that box.
2) The edges all around look like they were cut by a really shaky hand with a bad or not sharpen knife, they are very wavy and super sharp at different places that my kids or I can get cut while cleaning them or moving them if not doing it carefully and if they were cut or molded by machine the machine must be broken.
3) They do not fit properly in some corners but the worst is that they both do not meet in the middle as they should be; they are around 1 inch apart and look horrible.

I strongly think are defective or were the first ones done for practicing or a new inexperienced worker cut them really bad and short or who knows.
I am attaching you many pictures for you to see how bad they are.
I have been a loyal customer of yours for many years, bought several window deflectors, mats, license plates for all my cars over the years, recommended you to friends and family, etc… and is not fair that I got these defective floor liners, specially for the full expensive price of $164.90
I do not deserve this and really hope you can help me by replacing them for perfect ones.
I have been asking to some other owners of my same car and theirs fit perfectly and they all think got a defective set.

Thank you

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I emailed them the pictures as requested almost a week ago and they never responded to even say if got my email or the status of my claim.
Their customer service is really bad just like most stores that after they get your money they do not want to deal with problems.

Will email them again; any advise you can give me will be appreciated.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Why not try calling them?

I ordered a set of their floor mats (not the liners). Did not like them at all. Terrible fit. Called them. Was told to return them. They paid the shipping. No problem.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys,
I called them 4 days after sent pictures and was told by customer service that they just email the pictures to the ingeniers to see what the problem was and after they find out they will contact me, almost a week and nothing yet, so I am emailing them again hoping they take care of me this time, here is the email, a little strong and demanding but I am tired and been nice sometimes do not help:

Hi,
Please forward this email to all customer service employees and specially to the Manager and to the President of Company because really want everybody to know how bad you are handling this complain about the defective floor liners I got.

I called about 2 weeks ago to complain about the defective front floor liners I got and was requested by costumer service to email some pictures of them; I emailed plenty of pictures showing how bad and defective the floor liners are over a week ago and never received any answer by either email or phone call saying you receive my email and to apologize for sending me such a bad product.

I have been waiting very patiently for the status of my claim and to receive my new non defective floor liners and got nothing at all.

I have been reading all over your website and magazines that customer satisfaction is your number 1 priority but in my case shows the opposite; seems like you are like most stores that after get the money from buyers you ignore the problems.

Please stop ignoring my complain and send me a perfect, non defective floor liner replacement as soon as possible and you should compensate me for all the inconvinience and wasted time trying to get what I paid for and at least give me the floor liners free of charge (credit me the payment).

Again I have been buying you lots of stuff over the years and also hear from family and friends that when they had problems with something you take care of it right away and send replacements quickly and I do not know why you are taking forever to solve such a simple problem with me, I feel discriminated and I am not supposed to beg you to fix your mistake.

I really hope the Manager and/or President of the Company helps me because customer service has done anything on over a week but ignoring me.

Thank you

·
Registered
868 Posts
I don't know why you feel discriminated, and also don't see why you'd expect a free set, but they certainly should replace the set you got, or return your money. When I had a problem, they did not give me a hard time at all.

Hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction soon. Keep us informed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I don't know why you feel discriminated, and also don't see why you'd expect a free set, but they certainly should replace the set you got, or return your money. When I had a problem, they did not give me a hard time at all.

Hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction soon. Keep us informed.
Crying "discrimination" is a weak person's way to get more attention. I can tell by his spelling that his English isn't that strong, so I'm sure it's not the first time the d word has been used.

When people create more attention for themselves, they usually end up with less than they are owed just because of the display they feel is necessary.

Too many consumers these days think they are the centre of the universe, this guy isn't much different than others like him...

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Whoa! Let's Criticize The Situation And Not The Member

This thread is heading in a bad direction. There is no call for criticizing a fellow member over a letter that he has sent a vendor. Comments on language skills are inappropriate. We are here to discuss cars, not the perceived short comings of fellow members. If you would like to offer constructive criticism, I would do so in a PM to the individual.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well Said, BP

JSMexUSA - you have a right to feel a bit frustrated over this.
You have been patient while WeatherTech tries to sort out the problem.

Try calling customer service and get a name of a person you can call on again, who could look into the status of your complaint.

Sometimes, these companies have multiple Customer Care personnel, and each time you contact them, you get someone new who isn't familiar with your situation.

Having to work with one only person can really speed up the resolution.

Another note: Letters take a while to process.
It can be hard to know if they even go where they are supposed to.
Try speaking with someone at WeatherTech and build a polite rapport.
Explain the difficulty you are having and ask them what they can do.

Best wishes for you for a speedy. successful resolution. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts