Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I noticed when I pressed volume up, or volume down, or next track on my steering wheel controls it was super delayed. Like 5 seconds at least.

And when I would press the volume button once, it would continue to raise the volume until I stopped it with the knob on the head unit.

Never seen this before, also went away the next day when I went for my next trip.

Anyone see anything like this before?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Like all computer controlled stuff, they may need to be reset every once in a while. For the audio system try pressing the volume button until a message comes up "Do you want to reboot", then press reboot. And/or disconnect the negative lead on the battery for a min or so. Note by disconnecting the neg lead you will get all sorts of scary messages on your main display when you first start the car. This is normal, ignore them and drive the car for a mile and they will go away. It's just the various systems resetting, you will get these same messages if the battery goes dead or when you replace the battery.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I have not seen that particular glitch before.

Sounds like a random software glitch, providing it does not repeat. The fact that it self-repairs the next time you start the vehicle is a good indicator of this I think.

I have had probably a half a dozen or so unexplained random non-repeating glitches over the last couple years. Since they never repeat, I simply disregard them as some bug somewhere in the software where something does not get properly initialized at startup.

My theory is that when you start your vehicle, the process glitches the battery bus voltage to some degree and I think this is where the random non-recurring glitches come about and the software fails to deal with it properly Either that, or an initialization bug in some software somewhere.

If it starts repeating itself.. then there is something else going on, which may need to be serviced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
williamsji
Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums
Honda CR-V Owners Club forum, the best hang-out to discuss CVT, Hybrids, trim levels and all things CR-V
Full Forum Listing