Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes I said it there are a few that are so disrespectful, no care in the world they will do it twice in front of you. So here we got a few dings one on top, one on the door and a nasty one on the rear tail area that will require time. I thought i start the thread now and share what I am about to do here. And hope to come out a winner on the first one, and that PAYS for it all, after that it's a BONUS, but the major one is the tail gate area.

So Post down below your questions and I shall do my best to answer, I am no Pro or claim to be, just good Ole roadster, being helpful.

So I have a lot of work behind me and as well ahead I shall try to make this Memorial weekend a helpful one.

Stay tune for my way. the unconventional way of Dent removing.

FISH

These are photos of a a door ding, roof ding and dent.

1. Disresptectful person at wherever, opened and knew they hit, left, enough to damage the paint. No proof to who hit the car, it is what it iis.

2. A Tree branch fell not a thing youcan do, it happens, hits just right , you got a ding.

3. AP person does not look as they exit parking and does enough damage to dent the rear, the curves and reflection do hide the damage in ways while paint of say a postage stamp is seen,
image sharing sites

I thought I try out todays newer dentless tools. Heat guns and freezing air are one method to help. while a simple grab and pull with glue is another. No one says these tools are perfect or the people who use them. It is a start and in here you'll find my video to be an open and honest helpful tool. I claim to be a No Pro person, then to lie to you that I am a professional forum member here ha ha ha just good ole Roadster doing what I am doing best caring for my car.

Steps to how to if in a phot here.....

video removed

thank you for viewing and look for an update here...

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Maybe some pictures or a least a lead up story? You kind of just posted a bunch of stuff, I can only assume someone hit your car while it was parked? How did they hit it in three locations?

Edit: OK thanks for the post update with photos and explanations.

Rob

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
My now-ex had a Honda Civic Coupe that got stuck out in a hail storm, and was severely damaged on the engine hood, roof, and trunk lid, along with a few dents along the tops of the doors. It had the trunk lid mounted rear spoiler, which had to be replaced. It's made of some sort of plastic, and actually broke in one place.

They replaced the hood, trunk lid, and spoiler. The damage to the doors and roof were done through dentless repair.

The insurance company covered everything, although it took a couple of months to get it into the repair shop, as there were a lot of cars in the area that had more extensive damage, including a lot of broken/cracked glass.

And then when they painted the new hood and trunk the Honda dealer paint shop had some issues matching the paint exactly, and it went back twice before we accepted the repairs. It was Taffeta White.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,146 Posts
Knowing where the Roadster (Fishycomics) lives, I bet he needs to repair vandalism. So he wouldn't have a LOT of dents, just a few.

It's sad when folks do stuff to other people's property like that.

Anyway, I'm SUBSCRIBED as I got a dent from something on my hood during a trip last January.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
i have one on drivers fender but theres 2 paint chips also so must have caught a rock or something
i only see it when i get in the car lol inivisble to my wife so im just gonna leave it
but to pull one panel with multiple hits is usually like 60-75.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No Vandalism.

See Main post for updates.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I worked on one ding the roof it pulled out but the car went so that is all I will report.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I had an older CRV I stupidly parked under a walnut tree in the season where falling 1 inch nuts did noticeable damage. Took it to a professional paintless dent repair shop and couldn't tell from new when returned to me. They also polished out some badly foged headlights and did a less good job on those, still lots better than what they were when before the polishing and sealing.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update:

I used the kit I got it does a nice job yellow glue is soft, black is hard. I have way to many bends and the dent is better then before Lol I shall try to put a video , together one day. a lot of work, heat and holiday time. If anyone wants the kit say so I be more then happy to price if forward.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Update: I did the repairs, and it paid for itself. the Dentless kit is for a 2 inch or less and shallow dents for Aluminum. Once we understand that and use it properly, it all will work out, at the end. I know I am in for some fun, and I will have to pop off the back to only find a blocked area to access, and have those plastic tabs snap.

So I did my best, spent a few hours and will again another time and just hear and f eel over and over the sapping of the dent not pull out. At least I tried, at least I did not fail, at least I did what I do best, and to show-n-tell on Black and all this is the least I can do, for you Lol . So there is my update all to talk about may not be on your level and claimed a no pro here. jus t trying to do what is best. get some work done. and you?

removed

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Update:

I used the kit I got it does a nice job yellow glue is soft, black is hard. I have way to many bends and the dent is better then before Lol I shall try to put a video , together one day. a lot of work, heat and holiday time. If anyone wants the kit say so I be more then happy to price if forward.
How much is the kit?
Maybe i’ll grab for that small fender dent I have. Lmk

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,146 Posts
In my experience, you will find that the dent will remain noticeable if the metal is stretched.

Some areas (like, near 'creases' in the original body-lines) are VERY difficult to repair just by pulling. The pro PDR guys will also use tools behind the sheet metal.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep can't type no more all my fingers hurt.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Happy with the repair. my hard part is done or should I say easy part is done? the areas that have the dents are going to be harder to get out. so I shall try again later to get them? I opened up the rear hatch and removed the hatch cover, and tail light cover, that would be the access I need to get the dents with a tool? Like I said I rather not tear off the whole tail and have more broken clips. sucks that honda makes things like that to easily snap.

so maybe if I can get through with the license plate lights i shall just try popping with the glue sticks. over and over again.

I got other projects that require my time water leak, rc fun other things.

Later FISH

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Will give another go. as the dentless puller only can do so much.

·
Not-a-Mechanic
2011 CR-V 4WD EX
529 Posts
Many years ago we had bad hail. Had my car repaired ala Dentless repair, hood and roof were bad. About 5 years later the paint began to fail. Guessing they used excessive heat. It was cheap for the insurance crooks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts