Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Wow great Christmas!!!! The top things was two kicker 15" subs and my grandparents gave me a nice garmin. Serj how did you mount the navigation in that center cosle thing?? It's a really good idea props on that one. Anti theft for these things are key!

Happy holidays
Andrew

·
Registered
389 Posts
Wow great Christmas!!!! The top things was two kicker 15" subs and my grandparents gave me a nice garmin. Serj how did you mount the navigation in that center cosle thing?? It's a really good idea props on that one. Anti theft for these things are key!

Happy holidays
Andrew

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

Happy holidays
Andrew
Awesome! I have a Motorola Droid so I use that for navigation. It has saved me a few times already. LOL. :D

Have a merry christmas and I hope you enjoy those subs!

Derrick

·
Registered
4,447 Posts

Happy holidays
Andrew
Well, here's the deal. It came with this little suction cup mount, and a plate you could suction it to, and I mounted the navi to the mount, which spins, and then attached it to the suction cup plate on the back of the door of the center cubby. When I leave, I spin the navi sideways and then flip the door closed and it slides in pretty close, but it fits. You may have better system, because mine has a 5" screen, it's huge.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Each sub takes 3-5cu.ft with this set up they each get 4cu.ft plus displacment of the subs ended up being around 10cu.ft box..

Andrew
10 cubic feet is like the total volume of a del Sol trunk, haha. I'm not an expert on how to set up subs and how the size of the box effects the sound but that box does seem silly huge to me. :D

·
Registered
389 Posts
Serj,

Yea mine has the same set up with the suction cup, I got it to fit in thier nicley now! Very handy, how about the power did you run it through the back of the little box? Thier is a little plate back there that pops out but not sure where the compartment leads to!

Fallout,

I could have gotten a smaller box but in theroy the bigger the box the louder and deeper it will get. I dont use my trunk so what the hell!

Derrick,

Yea great christmas so far about to sit down for dinner should be killer to. Subs thump har lots of fun!! I have an Iphone so I could use it if I need to (I have before) but this little system is great!!! That head unit is pretty expensive I will shop around for you and see what I can find :D

Couple more pictures added to my thread if you want to take a look!
Andrew

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
my box has a couple holes drilled in it to run the power out, and then it goes down to the cigarette lighter lead, so it comes from the front of the gps, goes through a hole in the back of the box, and then down under it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Getting a roof rack would work if you wanted to drill in cheap lights but roof racks aren't cheap either! You should go to this link and buy the OEM Fog light kit. It's on sale for a great price compared to retail and it's Honda, New and you can see installation instructions and details on their site!

http://www.handa-accessories.com/crvext05.html
Don't let the deals at H and A pass you by -- looks like most of the gen 2 stuff is on sale - probably will be clearing out inventory so will not be available for long. Get the fogs, roof rack and sunroof wind deflector while they are cheap. None of them are hard to install, they just look intimidating. Take your time and you will have no problems with them.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Head Unit

Hey Guys, well it has been a little while since I have updated you guys on my V. I went to the customization shop last week and had this installed:

I really like it.... you can change the button color to match the rest of the car. There are 128 different color choices! You also can control your ipod right from the head unit and it has a great radio. I will eventually add the Bluetooth and the XM radio but for now it is fine the way it is. You can't play your iPod video right on the head unit unless you buy a $50 cable. You can just use your stock usb iPod cable to play music though. Oh, and this thing can even play DVDs! I paid a little extra for a module that makes the head unit think the parking brake is on so you can watch DVDs when you are driving. :rolleyes: I know it sounds stupid but it is nice for the passengers.

I love this thing! Next comes the 15" subs! :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
Parked on a No Parking sign

Well, I had a little accident the other day. It was snowing and we shouldn't have had school. Because we had school I didn't get a chance to put my new tires on. (I decided on the General Grabber AT2.) Anyway, I went down this hill at about 20MPH and this guy who was pulled over started moving and pulled in front of me! I taped the brakes and turned the wheels to the left to keep from hitting him. With better tires I would have been fine, but with these bald original tires on the car I started sliding. Luckily I know how to counter-steer and I can control a slide. I knew I was gonna hit the curb, there was nothing I could do about that. The car was sliding and I couldn't stop it. My options were to either hit the curb sideways and roll or hit it straight on. I decided to hit it straight on and I gave the car some gas to get the back end to swing to the right so I would hit is straight on. I then went up over the curb and ended up on top of a no parking sign. I broke part of the grill and mashed the rad cradle into the radiator. My car is now leaking coolant and has a messed up front.

Video:

A Little Car Trouble

So, the damage to the car was:

• Broken Grille
  • Hood Shoved Back
  • Rad Cradle Shoved into Radiator
  • Leaking Coolant

·
Registered
88 Posts
Do u have full coverage insurance? This year snow storm in Iowa is pretty bad. I have seen alot of 4x4 suv flip all over the city of DES moines. I in the other hands have no problem getting around tho.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Do u have full coverage insurance? This year snow storm in Iowa is pretty bad. I have seen alot of 4x4 suv flip all over the city of DES moines. I in the other hands have no problem getting around tho.
I think we have full insurance but I don't know for sure. The only problem is that me being 16 my rates are going to go up a lot. Probably more then the repairs would cost. You know what the worst part of this all is? The driver that cut me off drove down to where I was, waved, smiled, and drove away!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Did we not say to get new tires? With weather like it is and having bald tires I wouldnt have driven the vehical in the first place till new tires were installed.

Drive slower in bad conditions even if your the slowest one out there at least your the safest and wont have to deal with **** like this.

Andrew

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Did we not say to get new tires? With weather like it is and having bald tires I wouldnt have driven the vehical in the first place till new tires were installed.

Drive slower in bad conditions even if your the slowest one out there at least your the safest and wont have to deal with **** like this.

Andrew
I got new tires, they came in the mail the day before this happened. I was gonna have them installed on that day but they didn't cancle school. :(

I had no other option, we have 2 cars that need tires, mine, and my dad's old land cruiser. My mom was in the old land cruiser, my dad in the new land cruiser, and my mom's audi couldn't get out of the driveway.

Like I said, I would have been fine had this F****er not pulled out in front of me.

From now on, anytime I can't see what is ahead I am going 5mph! It really pissed some lady off today. I just opened my window and waved her by. She gave me a lovely finger as she passed. ;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think we have full insurance but I don't know for sure. The only problem is that me being 16 my rates are going to go up a lot. Probably more then the repairs would cost. You know what the worst part of this all is? The driver that cut me off drove down to where I was, waved, smiled, and drove away!
That guy was an ******* for not helping you. Yea insurace rate suck for being under 18. Thanks god my insurace is so cheap now being 28 ur old. How bad of a snow did you guys recurve in Iowa city?

41 - 60 of 79 Posts