Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

What sort of protective products are folks using on their 5th Gen CR-V's to protecting the black lower cladding around the doors and wheel arches?

Usually, I have these parts color-coded as I have done on previous CR-Vs but elected not to bother (COST!!) this time around - would Aerospace Protectant 101 be a suitable choice?

Keen to hear what people use. Appreciate feedback in advance as always!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I use to use 303 protectant.

Now it's Turtle Wax Ice Spray on everything. TW products use to be laughable but their recent products are amongst the best.

I wash and apply TW Ice Spray. Paint clean with HD Speed once or twice a year.

·
Everything in Moderation
8,155 Posts
I use Turtle Wax ICE on my black cladding. I might graduate to TW ICE Seal n Shine next purchase, though.

·
Banned
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips!

Ive not seen these TW products in the UK, but I'm sure I can get hold of them. Probably not looking closely enough!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I use pretty much all Adams Polishes products. For the trim and cladding I use his VRT which does a great job without making the plastic and trim too shiny. I wash my black CRV AWD Touring weekly and only have to do the trim about once a month if even that given that it lives in the garage when not being driven.

·
Banned
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Before I can do anything - I need the freaking weather to stop crying.

So much for global bloody warming - theres NOTHING warm or dry about it. Grrrrrrr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts