Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

What sort of protective products are folks using on their 5th Gen CR-V's to protecting the black lower cladding around the doors and wheel arches?

Usually, I have these parts color-coded as I have done on previous CR-Vs but elected not to bother (COST!!) this time around - would Aerospace Protectant 101 be a suitable choice?

Keen to hear what people use. Appreciate feedback in advance as always!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I use to use 303 protectant.

Now it's Turtle Wax Ice Spray on everything. TW products use to be laughable but their recent products are amongst the best.

I wash and apply TW Ice Spray. Paint clean with HD Speed once or twice a year.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,777 Posts
I use Turtle Wax ICE on my black cladding. I might graduate to TW ICE Seal n Shine next purchase, though.

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips!

Ive not seen these TW products in the UK, but I'm sure I can get hold of them. Probably not looking closely enough!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I use pretty much all Adams Polishes products. For the trim and cladding I use his VRT which does a great job without making the plastic and trim too shiny. I wash my black CRV AWD Touring weekly and only have to do the trim about once a month if even that given that it lives in the garage when not being driven.

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Before I can do anything - I need the freaking weather to stop crying.

So much for global bloody warming - theres NOTHING warm or dry about it. Grrrrrrr

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A few weeks ago, I tried something that I hadnt considered before.

Coconut oil.

Best home made solution to all the black plastic exterior trim/arches and lower door panels ever!

A little labour intensive, but wow, the rich depth of the colour and its staying power is fantastic. Given that the plastic itself is made from oil and other such stuff, the coconut oil really radiates the colour.

Will try and get a picture up later.

Reactions: Carbuff2

·
Registered
20 Posts
I use Turtle Wax ICE on my black cladding. I might graduate to TW ICE Seal n Shine next purchase, though.

Seal and Shine Is an amazing product!

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Might give this a go too I think. Nothing to lose!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts