Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I was driving my 2007 diesel (it's the 2006 model on 07 plates if that makes any difference) and suddenly lost my throttle. The Engine management light came on along with the VSA light and the exclamation mark in the triangle just below that. The engine was still running but throttle was unresponsive. After a while of the car being turned off the throttle began to work again so I got it to a garage but they are a little stumped too. The diagnostic code that came up says it's the throttle position sensor although that appears to be working perfectly again now. But the warning light under the VSA light wouldn't turn off even though the VSA and engine management light turned off once they reset the codes. They then reset all of the traction control codes etc. (This all means nothing to me, I just drive the thing, i suspect it's something to do with voodoo and magical unicorns) and this seems to have done the trick. So now the car is working absolutely perfectly with no warning lights on the dash, so I should be happy right? But I like to have a reason why this all happened? How can it be broken last night and fixed today when no work has actually been done and with no explanation as to why it stopped working last night? Now I don't trust my faithful old car, I feel like it could do it again at any time with no warning or reason. :confused:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Obviously cannot perform diagnostics with limited and remote info, but I do know that sensors can fail intermittently. The sensor can read normal one moment and stop the next only to came back again. Since the code came back with a throttle position sensor malfunction, I would suspect that that would be the issue. You might get an estimate on what it would cost to replace and/or if the service center you took it to could perform any further testing on the sensor. I can appreciate you uneasiness with not trusting the no work repair.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, that does help. The other thread was perfect Rocky thank you, exactly what has happened to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts