Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Did having TSB 18-1X4 Oil Dilution Software Update applied effect your Oil Dilution?

• Has eliminated my Oil Dilution problem

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Has lessened my Oil Dilution problem

• Has worsened my Oil Dilution problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I live in an area with temperatures that seldom go below zero Fahrenheit but I do have the oil dilution problem year round. But since I live in Pennsylvania, I probably won’t be able to get either TSB-114 or TSB-124 installed until January at the earliest.
I doubt that the A/C Control Unit Replacement will have any effect on the oil dilution problem so whether or not that was also replaced probably only effects your comfort.

I have seen posts similar to the following appear in various threads which makes it hard to follow the results individuals are having.

What are you doing about your CRV oil-gas dilution problem?
“JimCR-V; I have 2017 CR-V with fuel dilution in engine oil, I have documented it since i bought it new, we drive 45 miles one way every day to work (hot or cold 90 total miles/day). Called Honda and set up a case number, 2 weeks ago they did the update, replaced all parts Honda recommended, changed oil and filter. Since then we put 1200 miles on it, after week 1, I checked oil and took pic of dipstick level (after sitting over night)....it was at the top of the orange dipstick part, at week 2, I checked again and took pic, oil was 1/4" above the orange dipstick part. Called my dealer service manager, said to bring it in. They changed oil again, said they couldn't smell gas (but I could) and blamed the techie for overfilling it last time, even tho I documented climbing oil level with pics. So, we will be watching and documenting each week again.........in my opinion their so called "fix" did NOT fix anything! Local dealer/service manager is trying but seems to me Honda is guessing as to the solution and the Oct. 22 service bulletin is still clueless. STILL AN UNSATISFIED OWNER”

I am hoping that by conducting a Poll it will centralize the results.

So I, and maybe others, would be interested in knowing what type of effect having either of these TSBs’ Oil Dilution Software Update applied has had on your Oil Dilution Problem.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Instead of going thru hundreds of irrelevant posts to find out how the FIX worked, just use this easy poll to find out.
The relevant answers are always on top and if you need more detail the voter may have provided it in the associated posts.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How many polls do we need on this $hit
First of all, it isn't $hit. It is important if your CRV suffers from it.
Second, if you are offended by the poll simply ignore its existence.
Third, a single poll is limited to 10 possible answers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.