Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I parked around 40-50 feet from Best Buy.
It was raining hard and I'm sure I have all windows closed and surely the has the sunroof closed as well.
After 20-25 minutes, I got back to the car while pressing already the unlock button on the keyfob when leaving Best Buy's door.
When I approached the vehicle, I saw its all 4 windows opened at the same gap of almost 1/4 opening.
When I went inside, there was slight water dripping on the roof and saw the sunroof was also opened, just slightly around a 2 to 3 inches.
I was thinking I might have accidentally pressed some keyfob button combinations that would have opened 4 windows and sunroof at the same time.
But is this possible just by using the keyfob?
I did some research and learned that thieves can stole your car using some radio relay devices.
Is this a software and undocumented bug in Honda's electronics and security system?
This has got me worried since I just got this car 3 weeks ago and it might happen again.
Has anyone experienced this?
Thank you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yesterday I parked around 40-50 feet from Best Buy.
It was raining hard and I'm sure I have all windows closed and surely the has the sunroof closed as well.
After 20-25 minutes, I got back to the car while pressing already the unlock button on the keyfob when leaving Best Buy's door.
When I approached the vehicle, I saw its all 4 windows opened at the same gap of almost 1/4 opening.
When I went inside, there was slight water dripping on the roof and saw the sunroof was also opened, just slightly around a 2 to 3 inches.
I was thinking I might have accidentally pressed some keyfob button combinations that would have opened 4 windows and sunroof at the same time.
But is this possible just by using the keyfob?
I did some research and learned that thieves can stole your car using some radio relay devices.
Is this a software and undocumented bug in Honda's electronics and security system?
This has got me worried since I just got this car 3 weeks ago and it might happen again.
Has anyone experienced this?
Thank you.
I dont think anyone was trying to steal your car. The new key fob is designed to open all 4 windows and the sunroof if you hit the unlock button and then press again while holding down. My guess is while you were running in the rain you kept pressing and maybe holding the unlock button to ensure it was unlocked when you arrived. The windows started to roll down but then you hit the button again, stopping them all in the same position.

I am assuming only a little water had gotten in, implying the windows had only been open a few seconds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you gmmunoz for the quick reply.
Yes that was what I was doing, pressing the unlock key many times.
I don't know the keyfob can now do such things but now I know, thanks you.
I don't like this feature of opening all 4 windows and sunroof at the same time using the keyfob, is their a way to disable it?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
You cant disable he feature BUT you can enable the auto lock feature so you never have to touch the fob

Once you break 8’ of distance from the car it will beep and lock automatically

·
Registered
52 Posts
My 06 Accord did this, along with my 13' Ridgeline. My 2016 Civic also does, was very nice to see that, but the 2016 CRV didn't. Good to see that its back!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts