Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi CRVOC, I have an ongoing issue with my diesel CRV where the DPF warning intermittently comes on but worse than this goes direct to stage 2 for a forced regeneration at the dealers or even straight to limp mode. The car is a 1.6 2015 model, we had the issue for the first couple of months of ownership but had a software update which appeared to cure the problem for about 4 months, then low and behold after its first service it started again and is worse than previous. It is also averaging 42mpg which seems very low, the dealer has had the car for nearly 3 months but after many discussions Honda UK are saying their is not a problem with the DPF, strangely I also believe that the DPF is working but their is something else causing the problem maybe a software issue making the car run rich maybe. I have found Honda UK to be utterly frustrating where by the technical team hide behind customer services. I am disgusted with the attitude and lack of care shown by Honda UK. Has any one else had an issue with the DPF on their diesel CRV?:mad:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bad DPF design on the CRV Diesels!

Hi CRVOC, I have an ongoing issue with my diesel CRV where the DPF warning intermittently comes on but worse than this goes direct to stage 2 for a forced regeneration at the dealers or even straight to limp mode. The car is a 1.6 2015 model, we had the issue for the first couple of months of ownership but had a software update which appeared to cure the problem for about 4 months, then low and behold after its first service it started again and is worse than previous. It is also averaging 42mpg which seems very low, the dealer has had the car for nearly 3 months but after many discussions Honda UK are saying their is not a problem with the DPF, strangely I also believe that the DPF is working but their is something else causing the problem maybe a software issue making the car run rich maybe. I have found Honda UK to be utterly frustrating where by the technical team hide behind customer services. I am disgusted with the attitude and lack of care shown by Honda UK. Has any one else had an issue with the DPF on their diesel CRV?:mad:
Hi, I also have had the same issue with my 2015 CRV! The problem has happened three times for me now and the dealers (Glyn Hopkin Romford) have provided a ridiculous excuse for a response stating that I need to drive the car for longer periods at higher revs! I have requested a replacement as what they have sold me is faulty. Both Honda and the dealer appear not to want to take responsibility for what is obviously a design problem! :mad::mad::mad:

I have now been in touch with citizens advice and am revieweing what options I have as a consumer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts