Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local dealership is selling a 2015 model (brand new) at $1600 less than the 2016 with the same config, what are the differences between the two? And is there any known issue with them? Thx!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ouch! A couple of years ago I bought my Subaru legacy and got hit with the infamous steering wheel shimmy. lol! Do we now have cars that have no flaws?

·
Registered
522 Posts
A local dealership is selling a 2015 model (brand new) at $1600 less than the 2016 with the same config, what are the differences between the two? And is there any known issue with them? Thx!
I would stay away from both years. Take the time and read this forum.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Ouch! A couple of years ago I bought my Subaru legacy and got hit with the infamous steering wheel shimmy. lol! Do we now have cars that have no flaws?
I think they all have flaws. Lots of info on this forum about the Vibration issues......one just has to decide what their tolerances/risks are....Loved our 2011 EX-L.....and probably would have bought a 2016 CRV touring due to liking our 2011 so much...and the 2016 CRV to us was rather a bland drive.....but we would take bland and no issues over excitement and issues,lol.....so was not an easy choice to walk away from the CRV. On the bright side, I bought a Honda lawnmower yesterday,lol We do have 2 new 2016 Subaru's....Outback and Forester and very happy...but again, there are some issues (not with ours though)....Not all CRVs are affected, but the vibration issue with some do not appear right away. Some the vibration issue is very minor, where others people have stated they feel ill..like constantly driving over rumble strips. For us too much of a risk to take, don't have $35000 to risk on a vehicle,lol Best of luck in your decision

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is probably not the best place to ask but I wonder if anyone who had considered Mazda CX-5 or had switched to CX-5 from CR-V would like to chime in.

·
Registered
633 Posts
This is probably not the best place to ask but I wonder if anyone who had considered Mazda CX-5 or had switched to CX-5 from CR-V would like to chime in.
CX5 had a recall/stop sale on their 2016s for a bit..something to do with the gas line......We test drove the CX5....found it very peppy, but bland inside (for us)....Was missing a few things wife wanted in her car such as a power rear gate..... One really needs to make a list of all the cars in the segment and then go test drive them.....visit forums and find the faults.....had never even sat in a Subaru, and now have 2,lol

·
Registered
453 Posts
I would also look at the 2016 Rav4 and the Nissan Rogue. Their camera systems (360 degrees) are amazing and blows away anything Honda has in their CRVs. I thought I was special with a right camera.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Surprisingly my wife really liked the fully loaded Rogue.....Huge difference from the 2011 model we test drove back in Nov 2010.....It was nice....really liked the adjustable rear cargo area....was pretty neat! The thing that scared us from the Rogue was their CVT..seemed to have issues.....and I sort of got the feeling from others that had them (on a forum) was their long term reliability was only so-so.....Rav 4 was pretty decent...firmer ride than the others in the group, and was not a huge fan of the interior layout (minor stuff) but it too was much nicer than the 2011 model we test drove back in Nov 2010.......I could pretty much say that for most of the vehicles in this class....great improvement since then.......In our opinion..the only 1 that did not was the CRV.....but if it didnt have the vibration issue..probbaly would have bought 1..as we are Ok with boring but reliable...Just need to get out and test drive......

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is there a difference between a FWD and AWD 4th Gen CRV? So my 2016 AWD CRV EXL with less than 200 miles on it felt sluggish, like it's really lacking power when set to D. While my 2016 CRV is getting some work done on it at the dealership today, they provided me a loaner CRV. Considering the loaner has roughly 7000 miles on it, I assume it's a 2015 FWD CRV LX, as it has absolutely no other fancy tech inside the cabin area (and doesn't have the AWD badge at the rear). Immediately, I've noticed the loaner CRV feels more nimble while driving at D.

I'm sure both the 2015 and 2016 models all have the same exact engine. I'd expect the AWD to perform better than the FWD. At first I was thinking the parking brake was partially on in my CRV, so I pushed it all the way in twice to ensure that the parking brake is completely off and made no difference. Does anyone have an AWD CRV EX or EXL and have the same problem or is there something else going on? My new 2016 CRV EXL feels and drives slower than the loaner CRV from the dealership.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Are you certain you didn't have econ mode on the '16? I just took delivery of a '16 a few days ago and it is pretty quick except in econ mode.

Sent from my note 4 using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I took a second look at the loaner CRV and what I initially said earlier about it being FWD is in fact really AWD. So this mean both my 2016 CRV EXL and the loaner 2015 CRV LX are both AWD. The loaner CRV is definitely more nimble than mines and yes I'm sure the ECON mode is OFF, because if it was was on, there'd be a green leaf display on the gauge cluster. In either case, maybe it's just me or perhaps the CVT needs some time to break in?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Do you always fill up at the same station? Maybe you are getting gas that is below 87. Try a different station and/or mid grade.

Sent from my note 4 using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Gas octanes (in my area) are generally 87, 89, 91 and 93. I usually stick with 91, but oftentimes I'll use 89. Since this is a brand new vehicle, I have only needed to fill it up once since it was first driven off the dealership's parking lot. I filled it up with 91 octane gas. If I just sit there and leave my foot off the gas pedal, while the engine is on (in the city streets) the CRV doesn't freely glide down the street as easily as the loaner CRV. It feels as if the brakes are intermittently slowing down the vehicle - similarly to how ABS pumps the brakes (on vehicles equipped with ABS), but it really doesn't cause the CRV to come to a full stop by itself.

Driving experience-wise on the 2016 CRV EXL AWD, just feels like the engine is severely underpowered and the vehicle itself feels heavy. In the loaner CRV, I didn't have to put my foot down on the gas pedal much to make the vehicle move, but on my 2016 CRV, I have to put my foot down on the gas pedal more.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts