Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!
I'm new here, i hope to learn a lot from the forums for my newly acquired 98 auto tranny crv.

first off, does anybody know the blow by blow details of the difference between the limited version of the 98 crv from the non-limited version?

TIA!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Um the SE (Special edition?) I wasn't awary that it was sold during 98; I thought that the 98 only came in LX and EX trim levels.

Well the SE had painted front and rear bumpers, painted side mirrors, leather interior. I think that is it; the cars are mechanically the same though

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Um the SE (Special edition?) I wasn't awary that it was sold during 98; I thought that the 98 only came in LX and EX trim levels.

Well the SE had painted front and rear bumpers, painted side mirrors, leather interior. I think that is it; the cars are mechanically the same though

i believe they only offered the SE in 2000 and up, the only difference if trim and color matched bumper and mirrors, also chrome around the grill. other then that, the only difference is in the SE you get a CD/fm&am/tape head unit, in others i believe either you can get a tape or single cd head, not both at the same time. im not sure tough

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks chris and V!
some guys are selling "limited edition" 98's here and all i honestly didnt see a difference mechanical wise with my "regular" 98. Just the trims and the bullbars and sidesteps...

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
the side steps and bully bars were available as a oem honda accessories but they have since canceled the manufacturing of certain accessories like skid plates and such, but i have never heard of a limited edition 98. they probably had a few extra after market oem honda bully bars and side steps and bolted them on.

·
Registered
568 Posts
All of you are right. The only difference is what you guys mentioned, plus the factory 20% rear side window tint.. and Leather wrapped steering wheel and sometimes the SE comes with the tonneau cover in the back. And the standard body colored rear spare tire cover

And color wise, they offered the Naples Gold Metallic which was not available in other trim levels like the LX and EX.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all the info guys! while we are at it tho, forgive me for the newbie questions, here comes a stupid one:

How do you know if you have the EX or the LX type? I was trying to find a VIN decoder to find out but my VIN doesnt check out in the sites that i've visited. I always get an "invalid VIN". are the VIN decoders region specific?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts