Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've searched the interweb and this forum, and keep getting different answers.

For an '08 crv, are there different wheel lug nuts for steel vs aluminum oem wheels? I got a set of oem honda steel wheels for my girlfriend's '08 for winter tires, and have been using the same wheelnuts from her aluminum wheels. Some people are saying this is dangerous, but I've called parts places who say there's only one kind of nut listed.

Thanks,

Dave

·
Everything in Moderation
8,152 Posts
I understand that the same lugs will work on both steel and aluminum wheels for Hondas.

Our Fit has factory aluminum wheels and we have steelies for our snow tires. We have used the same lug nuts for 10 years, no issues. 140K miles (I guess that's 70K apiece).

I know that Nissan requires different lug nuts for steel VS aluminum wheels. So, your question was worth asking.

PS, the folks at Tire Rack can advise, if you want another educated opinion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thanks for the link.

The steel wheel lists lug 90304-SA5-013, where the aliminum wheel lists lug 90304-SF0-751. It unfortunately doesn't list the specs for where it touches the wheel. I'll keep looking into this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Carbuff2, thanks for that info. I used the lug nuts for that alu wheels last year on the steelies with no problem, but I wanted to make sure that wasn't just luck.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Ok, thanks for the link.

The steel wheel lists lug 90304-SA5-013, where the aliminum wheel lists lug 90304-SF0-751. It unfortunately doesn't list the specs for where it touches the wheel. I'll keep looking into this.
Now go to the local dealer with those numbers and ask to see one of each, hopefully they stock both and yoy will be able to see the difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts