Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
10,300 Posts
Hi and welcome.

Please can you fill in your profile with your vehicle details.

What age is the car? How long have you owned it? Any previous issues? Running original or old battery? Do you have any warranty? How long as this issue been happening for?

You've provided zero info. We're not mind readers.....Members cant help if you dont provide basic info....

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
10,300 Posts
.<---You still havent completed your profile here.

Change your battery - endless threads in the Search function showing that they give up the ghost around the 3-4 year mark and cause electric foibles.

That would be your cheapest fix. If that fails to cure it, then your cluster is done. You'd need to get it repaired/replaced but not seen that before here.

Reactions: Carbuff2

·
Premium Member
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
9,157 Posts
First time I have seen this particular issue reported. The area glitching out is where all the various computer alert texts, warnings, and other system features are displayed.

As noted above, first step is check your battery. A low or failing starter battery can trigger all kinds of weirdness in the electronics.

Does this persist from vehicle start to vehicle start? I ask because visually it looks like either a bad display driver circuit or a RAM failure, which I would expect would persist. If so.. the instrument panel assembly will require replacement, so fingers crossed it is not that if you are out of warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts