Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway to disable the accessory sockets when the car powers off?

I'd prefer to not have to unplug my gps and dash cam everytime and just have them turn on and off with the car.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Is there anyway to disable the accessory sockets when the car powers off?

I'd prefer to not have to unplug my gps and dash cam everytime and just have them turn on and off with the car.
Are you sure there’s still power? My EX turns the power off when the CR-V is off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 CR-V EX-L FWD Modern Steel Metallic
1,135 Posts
my gps, plugged into the volt outlet, shuts off when the car is off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Adding a bit of detail,
So I have the GPS wired directly into the fuse for the Accessory Socket, so after reading the replies I tested the socket itself, and the GPS does turn off if plugged in directly.

So, Either I have picked the wrong fuse, or something between the fusebox and the plug controls the power.

I'll try some other likely fuses and see if any of them turn on and off with the engine, otherwise I'll have to wire a switch into my gps/camera power cord

·
Registered
114 Posts
Adding a bit of detail,
So I have the GPS wired directly into the fuse for the Accessory Socket, so after reading the replies I tested the socket itself, and the GPS does turn off if plugged in directly.

So, Either I have picked the wrong fuse, or something between the fusebox and the plug controls the power.

I'll try some other likely fuses and see if any of them turn on and off with the engine, otherwise I'll have to wire a switch into my gps/camera power cord
There's relays that power the 12v sockets when the ignition is on.

By connecting to the fuse block, you've bypassed the relays.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Just wire directly to the back of the 12V socket. Doing the "stuff a wire un the fuse box" is actually a good way to cause an electrical fire or blow fuses that are overloaded by the extra stuff being ran off them. The 12V power socket is designed for the purpose, just solder to the leads connected to it inside the dash.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
447 Posts
Just wire directly to the back of the 12V socket. Doing the "stuff a wire un the fuse box" is actually a good way to cause an electrical fire or blow fuses that are overloaded by the extra stuff being ran off them. The 12V power socket is designed for the purpose, just solder to the leads connected to it inside the dash.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Any idea of how to remove it? I was going to run directly to the fuse box but like 12v power socket better

1 - 8 of 8 Posts