Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 EX, I've been trying to disable my VSA for winter driving however because the winter tires do not have TPMS sensors, I'm unable to turn VSA off with the switch. The only way I have found around this was to pull the interior fuse for ABS/VSA, as pulling the fuse for TPMS doesnt change anything.

I dont believe there is a way to disable VSA browsing through forums, and was wondering if there was a way to add a switch for the ABS/VSA fuse so i could enable/disable them easily, or maybe just a fuse extension so i could pull the fuse manually easier without having to go under there and risk dropping the fuse. I dont mind ABS and would actually prefer it on most of the time but the VSA system is terrible.

Unless someone has figured out how to disable VSA with TPMS still on...

Thanks!

·
Registered
571 Posts
your playing with fire. You get in an accident and if they find out the vsa and ABS is disabled on purpose you gonna be ion trouble.

why do you install your tpms sensors on your winters and not on your summers?

·
Administrator
3,353 Posts
Disabling VSA is probably going to trigger disabling of other features including AWD.

·
Registered
231 Posts
It is very simple to add a switch. I have the exact issue you brought up and created my own kill switch. Pulling the vsa fuse will disable it and AWD will work as normal. What I did was using an "add-a-fuse" device and plug it into the vsa slot. Run a heavy duty toggle switch in line to the dash and wire it back to the fuse slot. Only issue is ABS light will also come on. But who cares if you are just using it temporarly to get out of stuck situations. I woildnt drive like that normally thou. More like for emergency only. Also after its been cut off and you flip the switch back, the VSA and ABS light will still stays on. You just have to restart the csr to clesr the lights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts