Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a set of windows deflectors for my 2007.
The first thing I noted is that the rear deflectors don’t cover the window opening very well. When the window rolls down a bit, about an inch, it also opens kind of vertically on the rear part of the window, while the deflector is straight and horizontal so it doesn’t cover that gap.

The second thing that happened is that the double side tape that keeps in place the rear deflectors may not be strong enough, as after a couple of weeks of being in the car, both of them fell off. One fell off while driving and I lost it. The other fell off while parked. I have that one, but now I don’t want to roll down that window on any weather.
Yes, I cleaned those rails really well until the tissue came out as clean as it went in.

At this point, I thought that WeatherTech would send me or sell me a new rear deflector, just the one I lost, and I could try a better double side tape, but that didn’t happen. I bought my set on eBay from a seller who is not the official WT seller. The set was brand and the seller seems to be a high volume seller. Not someone who had a set sitting on shelf for years.
WeatherTech customer service rep told me they would only honor the warranty for items bought through their official website or official eBay seller. And that they wouldn’t sell me a spare part.

Then, I contacted the eBay seller for a solution a couple of days ago, (seller name drivenindustries), but didn’t get any answer yet.

So, just a heads up for WeatherTech buyers. I’m sure there are a lot of happy customers out there, but it's not my case. I’m looking somewhere else now for more accessories, or getting another set of windows deflectors.
And if you buy WT, buy through the official site, so you may get proper customer service and warranty.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Yes always buy from an authorized dealer if you want support. I have always bought directly through weathertech.ca and have had great customer service from them.

I needed replacement screw covers for my plate frames and would have paid for them, but they sent me a bag of them for free. Any questions were always answered quickly through email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts