Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the grey carpet Honda floor mats are no longer available for the '09 CR-V from the Honda parts dealers (other than a few individuals who were gouging prices on eBay), I shopped for a while and finally decided on some I found at @carid, made by Lloyd. These are the Velourtex, and I wanted mats only for the front.

They arrived last week and to say they are a disappointment is an understatement.

First, you can order these in one-piece or two-piece configuration. Since OE is two-piece, I went with that...only to find out after receiving them that the driver's side mat does not cover the middle section of the floor, like the OE. The OE mats also have snaps to attach the passenger's mat to the driver's, and with that middle section missing, there is no way to snap the two together. They really need to photograph the actual mats you are getting--I found this to be very misleading.

Second, they claim the carpet pile is 7/16". These are nowhere near 7/16". The whole mat itself, with backing, is just over 1/4". I was expecting something more plush, or at least as plush and thick as the originals.

Next, I ordered them with embroidered logos, thinking I'd add a nice touch to the mats. The embroidery itself is nice. But, the driver's side is embroidered on the mat crooked, and does not line up with the logo on the passenger's side. It's not glaringly obvious, but you can tell when looking in through the driver's door that the logos are "off" from each other.

I also did not expect colors to match up exactly, but the grey on these mats is a slightly brownish grey.

The real kicker is that I'm stuck with these, as they make it clear there are no returns for custom fit items. (These are made to order for your vehicle.)

Just wanted to put this out there, that it's still better off to find a set of original OEM mats. I won't have rubber mats in any vehicle I own, so I guess I will have to go back to searching for the correct mats.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts

·
Everything in Moderation
7,915 Posts
I'd be interest in CARiD or Lloyd's 's response to your concerns. Custom-made or not, you have a right to expect proper execution (that crooked logo would BUG ME as well as the pile height which was not AS ADVERTISED).

Make some inquiries and post back.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Once the CR-V gets home, I will be able to get the photos needed to begin initiating a complaint with @carid. The more I look at these, the more disgusted I get. I paid over $110 for something that looks cheap and ill-fitting. At this price, it's inexcusable; the OEM mats may have cost this much, but they were made far, far better. The driver's side mat is worn through to the black rubber beneath, which is why I thought I would spruce up the interior with a nice set of custom mats. Now I'm back on the hunt for original OEM mats, which are out of stock with Honda.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I had a similar issue with non-Honda floor mats I bought for my 1st Gen.
They were supposed to be a custom fit replacement for the original mats, but weren't even close to fitting correctly.
And they were thin and cheap looking, like something from the discount section at WalMart.

I contacted the company I bought them from, and sent them an email with a picture of the original mat next to their mat. They apologized, said they could send me the "correct" mats, and offered me a refund.

I took the refund and declined the replacements, and then found mats elsewhere. They did let me keep the mats they sent me, even with the refund. I tossed them in the trash after I received the refund.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry to hear about your situation OP. This is the very reason why I stick with OEM parts and accessories. Hope you get your issue resolved.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope, not a word from CarID after submitting the complaint information online (so it's all in writing, and not telephone hearsay). Quite disgusted with the whole thing since it's now too late to return them.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Nope, not a word from CarID after submitting the complaint information online (so it's all in writing, and not telephone hearsay). Quite disgusted with the whole thing since it's now too late to return them.
if you used your amex just file a claim. full refund n toss them in trash

1 - 10 of 10 Posts