Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if I'm crazy or what, but in my 2015 CR-V the headlights would activate night time mode brightness on my screen. With the 2017, it seems I have to do it manually now? Am I missing an option somewhere to make it automatic switching or did they forget/take it out? The button only has Day / Night and Custom, can't see anything in the manual about it.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Maybe you have the display dimmer cranked all the way up? Try twisting the trip knob and see if that makes night mode better.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe you have the display dimmer cranked all the way up? Try twisting the trip knob and see if that makes night mode better.
Nightmode is fine, it's just not switching to it automatically (atleast when I'm in Android Auto mode, pretty sure it's all modes though)

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Well, turning the dimmer knob makes everything dimmer (when the headlights are on) without even having to touch night mode. On my car, default was cranked all the way up, which I thought was a bit too bright.

·
Registered
219 Posts
The day/night mode on my Touring switches on and off as expected with the headlights. It sounds like your day/night presets are not set up correctly. You should be able to press the day/night 'button' on the lower left of the display and then you can set the brightness for day and night modes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, turning the dimmer knob makes everything dimmer (when the headlights are on) without even having to touch night mode. On my car, default was cranked all the way up, which I thought was a bit too bright.
Ok that did the trick, with brightness on the dimmer switch cranked to 100%, it basically makes everything look like day mode. I completely forgot about adjusting that since I've only ever set it once in my 2015 CR-V. Setting it to about 50-60% is perfect for me.

Thanks for the reminder on that dimmer knob on the instrument panel. When you're in nightmode and crank the dimmer to 100%, it literally turns google maps from dark colors night mode into all white day mode, changes the colors, not just the brightness, horrible!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts