Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is pretty new. One day I edited the speed dial menu. Now, every time I start my car, after a few seconds the MID presents the Speed Dial screen. I could not find any setting that allowed me to set (or reset) the default startup screen. I checked the menu screens, the manual and I even called Honda. Honda's Tech Support person confirmed that there is no setting for the default screen and that what I am seeing should not happen. Later that day I disabled blue tooth on my phone then started the car. After a few seconds the display presented a screen with the text "No bluetooth connection" screen. Clearly my display is stuck on some mode where it wants to display my speed dial settings. Before I try resetting my system I'd like to know if anyone has experienced this problem and resolved it?

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
This is a long shot. have you tried to reset the whole system by disconnecting the negative terminal for 5 minutes? Let me know.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Honda's Tech Support person confirmed that there is no setting for the default screen and that what I am seeing should not happen.
I've encountered similar issues on our new Pilot... I'm sure that nothing is technically broken, but from time to time you perform some series of events on the screen and it gets stuck trying to play music or speed dial when you start the car, even after stopping all media and disconnecting the phone. I never know what I did to start the problem and I never know what I did to fix it after mucking around in all the settings. Certainly there is nothing intuitive about setting/resetting default behavior like this that I can find.

Hopefully the power reboot works, but by definition the tech support's response indicates a fault and so should be covered somehow under warrantee, especially if near new. If the reset doesn't cure it, I'd ask the dealer service manager to come take a look. Of course, the technology changes so quickly that often times it seems the dealer staff isn't any more knowledgeable than I am with the system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts