Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 CR-V EX-L. The display/dash lights are always dim when headlight switch is in parking, auto or on unless I turn the switch by the speedometer all the way clockwise.
Does anyone have a wiring diagram of this circuit. I'm thinking maybe the light sensor on the top middle dash is bad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have also noticed this problem because I always drive with headlights on. Is there any way to override the dash light dimming when lights or running lights are on?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have also noticed this problem because I always drive with headlights on. Is there any way to override the dash light dimming when lights or running lights are on?
This is not a "problem" this is by design. When the headlights are in the on position, dash lighting is dimmed so as not to blind the driver. This is as intended while driving at night. When driving during the daytime, the daytime running lights are on by default and the dashboard lights remain at full brightness. Don't mean to sound snarky, but where is the issue?

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is not a "problem" this is by design. When the headlights are in the on position, dash lighting is dimmed so as not to blind the driver. This is as intended while driving at night. When driving during the daytime, the daytime running lights are on by default and the dashboard lights remain at full brightness. Don't mean to sound snarky, but where is the issue?
Then it's poor design. All other vehicles I have owned had a manual knob for dimming the dash lights. It seems trivial to design in a virtual software control that allows for one to override the presumptuous engineer who deemed a manual override unnecessary. The issue for me is that I always run the headlights and in the daytime the backup camera is to dim when the headlights are on. IMO this was serious omission by Honda.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts