Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having an intermittent problem with the center display going dim (non nav type)
Has any one experienced this?
I'm hesitant to bring it to the dealer as it's very intermittent.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
2 questions:

1) Is it under warranty ?
2) Did you perhaps mistake this for a Ford Forum??

What do you expect people to answer when you don’t tell us what your driving???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2 questions:

1) Is it under warranty ?
2) Did you perhaps mistake this for a Ford Forum??

What do you expect people to answer when you don’t tell us what your driving???
1) Yes, it is under warranty.
2) I was under the impression this forum was for CR-V owners only? How would one mistake it for a ford forum? That would be awfully silly, lol.

I would expect a question. Maybe something to this effect...
"what are you driving?"
My reply would be - 2013 CRV EX.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Is it possible you have the lights on "auto" where as when the headlights think them need to come on they do thus dimming the screen for night time operations? I have a 13 and that is what mine does.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
It would be nice if the Admin would change the entry requirements to post here to include the yr,model, 4wd or 2wd (minimum) in all posts.
I also feel Rickman's frustration about not knowing what yr, etc the poster is talking about. :(
I looked at Robe5000's 'About Me' in his profile and it says it is a 2013 2wd EX 5AT.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it possible you have the lights on "auto" where as when the headlights think them need to come on they do thus dimming the screen for night time operations? I have a 13 and that is what mine does.
You seem to be correct, the lights are set to auto and when the display happens to dim and auto is switched off, the display gets brighter.
Problem is this happens randomly while driving, which is not normal.
But thank you for helping narrow it down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It would be nice if the Admin would change the entry requirements to post here to include the yr,model, 4wd or 2wd (minimum) in all posts.
I also feel Rickman's frustration about not knowing what yr, etc the poster is talking about. :(
I looked at Robe5000's 'About Me' in his profile and it says it is a 2013 2wd EX 5AT.
Buffalo4
Maybe you could start a new tread express your frustrations to the admin.
And you are correct, my car is listed in the about me section.
Also with Rickmans odd way of teaching a "noob" it will be the last time I neglect to include my vehicle description.
So big thanks to him for that.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
In defense of Rickman, it is super annoying when people dont include their vehicle info when asking a question. Espically when its not in a specific gen section.

And OP, your impression of this beong a CR-V forum is correct but there is currently 4 different generations of CR-V's and in each generation, there is diffe4ences generally with the last 2yrs of each model run. Lile 02-06 being 2nd gens but the 05-06 is referred to as the gen 2.5. Same with the 10-11, gen 3.5, and not the 4th gen with the 15-16 gettimg changes from the 12-14.

Aslo, why should we, the people you want help from have to search in your profile for what vehicle you have? You want help, please dont make it difficult for us. Also, many times we get a new comer, they ask a question never to return and tell us what fixed it. Or if the just burned the car to the ground and got insurance.

In your case you stated its under warranty, take it in, dont mess with it as if you do, that could void the warranty on whatever it is.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Access the menu for Light Settings, change the current setting to the next lower setting, so if now High, change to Medium, Low etc depending on the current level

What happens is that you come to a dimly lit street section, bridge, tree canopy, etc and the auto setting sensor reacts to the ambient light change

·
Registered
453 Posts
1) Yes, it is under warranty.
2) I was under the impression this forum was for CR-V owners only? How would one mistake it for a ford forum? That would be awfully silly, lol.

I would expect a question. Maybe something to this effect...
"what are you driving?"
My reply would be - 2013 CRV EX.
Glad you have a thick skin! :)

I would not hesitate to bring this to the dealer. I am guessing you have a 3 year warranty which will probably run out this year? Better to have it documented if there really is a problem, especially if it is near being end of warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts