Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:
how much distance could be run after changing oil? it's not showed in clear in the service manual (like for 1997 models).
having a CRV 2007 EX-L

thank you

·
Registered
73 Posts
Depends on your drive.
Its eaiser to just to use the oil life %.
If you want a range, it can go any where from 6000 to 10,000 miles. It all depends on the drive that you have.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Just follow the MM since it will calculate when you need an oil change based on how you drive and your driving conditions.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I too use the MM and if your worried about going to far between oil changes, use Synthetic. That’s what I do!

·
Registered
776 Posts
I'll assume the MM for oil life left has greater accuracy than does the "miles left before empty" indicator does. My last tank showed 21 left and a fill netted 12.3 gallons !! BTW, was a Wal-Mart today and bot a 5qt jug of Mobil 1 0-20 for just under $26 - not bad at all. Craig

·
Registered
511 Posts
I change the oil between 3000 and 4000 miles. I usually pay around $35.00 for 5 quarts of top quality synthetic and a good quality oil filter. I generally change the oil between 2 and 3 times per year as I drive around 9000 miles per year.
My miles are mainly highway/cruising so easy miles.
So at a total cost of $105.00 per year, or a bit less, I consider this a low price to pay for peace of mind.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
I too use the MM and if your worried about going to far between oil changes, use Synthetic. That’s what I do!
How many miles do you have on your 3rd gen? Just to give some people an idea of how using the MM isn't going to cause any issues. I only have about 25,700 on my 4th gen, so she's still a baby.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Depends on your drive.
Its eaiser to just to use the oil life %.
If you want a range, it can go any where from 6000 to 10,000 miles. It all depends on the drive that you have.
I have serviced thousands of cars, never go 10k on a oil change what happens is it starts to cake in the engine, it develops a varnish like appearance. This can lead to premature wear and cause sticky rings, lifters and wreak havoc on the gaskets as well. 5000km should be max or 7k using synthetic.

·
Super Moderator
3,194 Posts
I wasn't very convinced by my Pilot's 7500 mile service interval but it doesn't use much if any oil after 200k.
I'm at 80% after 3k of mostly highway miles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts