Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Distorted Front Seat

6K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  TheDarkKnight 
#1 ·
I don't the car as frequent as my wife but today I noticed the left side panel of the front driver seat has collapsed. It's as if someone punched it. I thought it was just like a memory foam that didn't bounce back into shape.
But after trying to shape it back into shape and no change to this distorted shape something serious is wrong. This is the position of the side air bag. Very odd. It's time to get warranty service.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I discovered that the back of the seats have zippers to remove the leather. With them unzipped I was able to reshape the foam within this side support by reaching inside. It was a tight spot to attain this but I can't believe that this occurred. I never saw a seat get distorted like this. The foam was back in place but the outer layer of leather is now stretched.
How many more will have the same problem?

#6 ·
I have a crv with 5000 miles
Terrible seat in quality and comfort
Wish I had never bought the car

also. The engine is very power dense so I think to increase longevity the power curve is dialled back by the computer after a couple of months?
Have 12k on mine and find the seats in the 2020 Touring model to be quite comfortable and adjustable to suit. Have no idea what you’re referring to on power, certainly no change in my Hybrid over the 12k miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.