Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I really can't see, I had this question pop into my head. I'm curious if the brake lights turn on when the car slows using ACC. Sometimes slowing can be fairly abrupt especially if a car pulls out in front of you. I just don't want to have someone rear-end me. Has anyone had the chance to figure this out or had another car following you?

Registered
The ACC applies the brakes and the brake pedal will depress with the application. Next time it happens, put your foot slightly under the pedal and you will feel it go down. Don't get it too far under though! Since the pedal goes down just like you were stepping on it, the brake lights come on. At least they are supposed to! ;)

Premium Member
Iworry bore about the hard braking it's not soft on our other car.

Registered
Other already answered. As you likely know sometimes just ceasing application of the throttle may feel like the car is braking but it鈥檚 not - just slowing. So in that situation, no brake lights just as if you were driving the car without the adaptive cruise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts