Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I have ABS on my 98 CRV LX at rear wheels? I have to replace the wheel bearing on the right rear. It's an LX 2WD model. I don't think there is ABS on the rear wheels. Just checking with you guys before I by the bearing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm having trouble finding the bearing with ABS. All the ones I see on ebay say without ABS. Rockauto doesn't state if it has ABS either. It's not a press in bearing but the assembly like this

h512166.jpg

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I looked at Hondapartscheap.com, and I think the rear bearings they show fit all models from 1998-2001 and all models LX, EX, SE regardless of 2WD or 4WD.

Bearing Assembly, L Rear Hub Unit - Honda (42201-S10-A01)
Bearing Assembly, R Rear Hub Unit - Honda (42200-S10-A01)

They don't mention ABS or non-ABS.
They do have a Contact US via email link at the bottom of their page, so it might be worth dropping them an email.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I looked at Hondapartscheap.com, and I think the rear bearings they show fit all models from 1998-2001 and all models LX, EX, SE regardless of 2WD or 4WD.

Bearing Assembly, L Rear Hub Unit - Honda (42201-S10-A01)
Bearing Assembly, R Rear Hub Unit - Honda (42200-S10-A01)

They don't mention ABS or non-ABS.
They do have a Contact US via email link at the bottom of their page, so it might be worth dropping them an email.
The rear brakes are drums. I've taken the drum off and there's no ABS sensor attached to it. Just the brake line and parking brake cable. I do have the ABS light on my panel though. That's why i thought there was only ABS for the front wheels.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I just got back from Autozone with a new bearing and the inner diameter of the bearing is smaller that the hub shaft. The parts guy said this bearing is non-abs. Would the ABS version have a bigger diameter bearing hole than the non-ABS? Either way, this new bearing won't fit on the shaft.
View attachment 126151

·
Not-a-Mechanic
2011 CR-V 4WD EX
483 Posts
ebay, Amazon, Alibabba bad, Rockauto a little better. Abs sensors work off a tone ring or some such, it may not have sensors on the back. Either way bearing should not be involved, parts lookup is a black art.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts