Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • Take a moment to enter our new BBQ contest here for a chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card! The contest ends on June 30th, so don't delay!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do these brake pads look worn out for inspection?

I would like to get a second opinion before going in, thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,652 Posts
see that space in the middle, that to be is not gone so they look still good.

·
Premium Member
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory
227 Posts
First picture, the rotor looks pretty scored, just an observation.

·
Super Moderator
5,652 Posts
never will you see it smooth

·
Registered
2010 gen3 2.4i-vtec executive aut
20 Posts
Pads look ok to me. Like already noted, I would measure the disc in the first pic. That looks pretty worn. Do you know how many miles the disc is on the car?

·
Registered
5 Gen: EX 1.5T
146 Posts
I would say, plenty left on the pads. The disc from the picture also is normal. If the disc looks bad to your eye ( not easy to tell from the picture ) with grooves that match grooves in the pad then I would change both, run your fingers across both back and front to feel. So, make a note of the mileage so when you check again you can guesstimate when you need to replace. Note, always best to measure the disc thickness to ensure it’s in spec and have a look at the brake pipes checking for damage etc.

·
Super Moderator
5,652 Posts
Careful about oils from the fingers on the Disk/Rotor, and pads, use brakeleen cleaner if touching,

·
Registered
2004 Honda CRV EX UK Made
70 Posts
never will you see it smooth
I did change pads when that happened to me...

In my previous car, rotors were ok but I had to change the pads, so got the rotors turned and a set of Wagner QuickStop pads. In a few words, those pads are crap because those pads started causing the grooves in the rotor...

Long story short, as soon as the grooves were noticed in the rotors, I tried to correct it and sanded the surface for both the rotors and the pads a couple of times but issue kept coming Back after 200 miles or so. Then I decided to get a new set of pads (Raybestos EHT, the best purchase I made!) and sanded the rotors again before placing the New pads. Voila!!!! No mas problemas! (no more issues). Rotor surface kept so neat and uniform that it was amazing to see it!!!

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,652 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts