Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I would ship my Cr-v wherever I go, problem is... I have no idea how to ship a car... but i have been seeing those FedEx boxes that allow you to ship something regardless of weight as long as it fits in the box... I was thinking of taping several of them together and putting the car in it...

·
Registered
164 Posts
From earlier posts I don't think you've had your V very long so I'm impressed.

I'm sure the car will appreciate the very non-British dry climate :)

Do they also drive on the left in S Africa?

Good luck! Be sure to video the 'box opening' at the other end!

NDJ

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, it was a tight fit, but it made it!! Yea they also drive ont he left side, just they do everything in KM so got to watch my speed!
I'll do my best to video the opening of the container, just worried its all going to be a crushed or something! I'm sure it wont!!
And yea I'v only had it for about 6 months!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm really interested to hear how the car was at the other end. I was working in Joburg until Feb 2009 and was seriously interested in bringing back my City Golf (for others, in SA they still make the Golf MK1 as well as the latest version and they call it the City Golf. Basically you can get a brand new Mk1 Golf GTi and its a great fun car). Didn't do it because of the hassle with importing but getting it back (via Durban) in the container also concerned me.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts