Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing the same problem I'm having when using the head unit's built-in Pandora app. If it's the first time I'm using the app for the day, it seems to work fine. However, if I switch away to another source and come back to Pandora, it starts having problems. The station name, song name, and artist start flipping back and forth from the correct value to something like 'No Name'. At the same time, the head unit starts getting sluggish with the controls. If I let it keep going once it starts acting up, it'll likely end up crashing and rebooting.

If I use the Pandora app with my phone plugged into USB, it works fine. Anyone else see something like this?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Gee, Android Auto / CarPlay is so much better than the built-in stuff, I can't say I've even tried the built-in Pandora.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi all,
I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing the same problem I'm having when using the head unit's built-in Pandora app. If it's the first time I'm using the app for the day, it seems to work fine. However, if I switch away to another source and come back to Pandora, it starts having problems. The station name, song name, and artist start flipping back and forth from the correct value to something like 'No Name'. At the same time, the head unit starts getting sluggish with the controls. If I let it keep going once it starts acting up, it'll likely end up crashing and rebooting.

If I use the Pandora app with my phone plugged into USB, it works fine. Anyone else see something like this?
The Bluetooth Pandora app never worked for me. It locks up every time. I posted a thread about this a couple of years ago.

The reason this mattered to me is I like my phone mounted high towards the driver side for Waze reports (police reports specifically). The .5 mile audio alert isn’t enough and the infotainment screen is too far away to watch.

Fortunately IOS 13 (Beta) has solved this problem. I can now use CarPlay and use Waze independently on my phone without interrupting the CarPlay screen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts